Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Image Database

Bot Coder

Lightbulb Image Database

Image Database:

Since many of us are either writing bots for PuzzlePirates or tools, I though it would be helpful to have a kind of database. A database containing as many screenshots of the game and different puzzles as we can get. They are organized in folders and categories with each a _content.txt file giving a rough description what is in each pic and who send it in.

Why doing this?

Well, I wanted to test the TH bot on different OSs and simply couldn't even get a TH board on my very own one since I sadly didn't have any SMH badge or couldn't find any. I also know that other coders had this problem already. I think this is a nice try and everybody can contribute through this to our community and gain from it.

Who will have access to it?

Scarecrow is maintaining the database with me. Whoever supplied over 10 images to the database, is official BotCoder on Bot-Supply or who just asks nicely and has a reason, will get the log-in and password to the server.

What do I have to do?

You take a screenshot of your client (and a bit more as we need the full window), censor your pirate name (we are not responsible for anything if you forget this) and send it via e-mail to either:

flash0110@gmx.de
    or
    xx_scarecrow_xxbs@hotmail.com

with a description of the puzzle/location (what is in it if you want), what OS and GUI (if you know, e.g. Aero / Metro / etc.) you've been using and of course your name for the credits! Generally every location and puzzle is helpful, especially needed are puzzles which are not easy to access (like Treasure Haul).
    Please make sure you take and send it as lossless, uncompiled image (.png best).
    Feel free to add your name in the picture as well as long as it is outside of the actual PP window.

Please excuse the rather slow upload of the server (1-2mbit, depending on day and time) as it is my very own, standing at my house and not in any datacenter. The positive side of this is that I have over 2TB free space on it so lots of space for screenshots!

Thank you for your support, I hope this idea works out well and we will have lots of contributions.
    Sage Man and Scarecrow like this.

//siggy by Poseidon

#Return

So not looking forward to the first few weeks of this... the spam will probably be huge.

Please excuse me if I don't add it straight away, I do have things to do in Real Life, tools to code (or try to code anyway) etc. and please, don't get mad if I never reply to your emails... I will read them all, just if you all spam at once. I do not have time :3

Thanks to everyone who will be contributing, it will be a huge help!!!

Tip for everyone using Win7 or Vista (lol) Use the "Snipping Tool" to get the screenshot + a little bit more!!!!

Example Screenshot :

example_1.jpg

Just think, what your doing, could be contributing to the next amazing bot
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 03-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Interested in gaining access to this as it seems I am looking for similar screenshots to you, and am more than willing to contribute screenshots from my Vista systems.

If possible can those creating bots kindly message me with what they are working on as although creating duplicates of my own is good practice, it contributes very little to the community if they are released.

Banned

This is a GOD SEND....

I can't like this enough, I'd like to get access this if I could since it would mean that I can code on flights when I have no internet

I added you on skype btws

Banned

Windows 8... oh no... Like hell if I'm adding compatibility for that...
    Sage Man and Deadpool like this.

VIP Member

The bots actually run in windows 8 I have it running on a VM and they are fine.

Banned

That's a relief.

VIP Member

Idk about the full windows 8 though forgot to inform you I am using the Developers Preview.

>Windows 8

Didn't 7 just come out?

I think, therefore I am

Banned/Non-Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    >Windows 8

Didn't 7 just come out?
    As in how long, had it for a year and sumfin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast