Results 1 to 4 of 4
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scarecrow

Thread: Few questions

  1. #1
    Member
    aequites is offline

    Posts
    61

    Post Few questions

    Hello, so I'm fairly new to Bot-Supply but the bots here were recommended to me by a few friends so I just simply had to try some of them out, anyway!

    I am currently using; Wood for Thought, Aeolus Rigger and Spools of Silk, Wood for Thought seems to be working well, it makes a lot of mistakes but it usually comes back from them fairly quickly and gets me back up to excellent, although it is a bit buggy for the fact that it will choose to booch a board rather then use the bucket which I don't get, it will crash sometimes when the duty report comes up and will stop working for a little while ( most time it's stopped it probably 2 minutes so far ) there will be a board that needs a certain piece to get a masterpiece but it will use that piece on a different board instead, it does this a lot with the rare pieces like the long pieces which makes no sense to be honest, but it still gets me excellents, incredibles and keeps my standing up at grand-master ( nothing more yet ) so I guess that's fine with me, it would just be good if those bugs could get sorted.

    Aeolus Rigger works outstandingly well, I have had 0 problems with this bot it constantly gets incredibles and never makes any mistakes, so there isn't even anything to report about this 1 rather then it is well worth the money.

    Spools of Silk, now this is the bot I've had the most problems with, it will go for master patchers until you get to incredible levels and then it will just mess up and bring you back down to excellent levels by getting Sew goods instead... any idea why this is? my experience in patching is Expert now and I haven't had a single incredible from it yet, other then that problem it actually performs really well.

    And for my additional question, will there ever be another gunnery bot that will be developed? I've read multiple threads of people saying it's "impossible" to make a gunnery bot because the key movements are way too fast and get detected easily, is this true or just talk?

  2. #2
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by aequites View Post
    Hello, so I'm fairly new to Bot-Supply but the bots here were recommended to me by a few friends so I just simply had to try some of them out, anyway!

    I am currently using; Wood for Thought, Aeolus Rigger and Spools of Silk, Wood for Thought seems to be working well, it makes a lot of mistakes but it usually comes back from them fairly quickly and gets me back up to excellent, although it is a bit buggy for the fact that it will choose to booch a board rather then use the bucket which I don't get, it will crash sometimes when the duty report comes up and will stop working for a little while ( most time it's stopped it probably 2 minutes so far ) there will be a board that needs a certain piece to get a masterpiece but it will use that piece on a different board instead, it does this a lot with the rare pieces like the long pieces which makes no sense to be honest, but it still gets me excellents, incredibles and keeps my standing up at grand-master ( nothing more yet ) so I guess that's fine with me, it would just be good if those bugs could get sorted.

    Aeolus Rigger works outstandingly well, I have had 0 problems with this bot it constantly gets incredibles and never makes any mistakes, so there isn't even anything to report about this 1 rather then it is well worth the money.

    Spools of Silk, now this is the bot I've had the most problems with, it will go for master patchers until you get to incredible levels and then it will just mess up and bring you back down to excellent levels by getting Sew goods instead... any idea why this is? my experience in patching is Expert now and I haven't had a single incredible from it yet, other then that problem it actually performs really well.

    And for my additional question, will there ever be another gunnery bot that will be developed? I've read multiple threads of people saying it's "impossible" to make a gunnery bot because the key movements are way too fast and get detected easily, is this true or just talk?

    Wood for Thought; Due to the way it was coded (genetic learning algorithm) it is extremely difficult/impossible to make little changes like you've suggested. We'd basically have to recode the bot all over again. That being said, we don't want perfect bots, perfect bots score too high and then you break a puzzle which is a break no-no.

    Aeolus; Good to hear!

    Spools of Silk; The algorithm swaps between an overpowered algorithm, and a half decent algorithm. This way we don't "ruin" patching as a puzzle. The bot achieves GM-Legendary standing and that's the way it is likely to stay. So what you're writing is exactly what you should be experiencing!

    As for the person writing about gunnery bots, reinforced by the amount I've actually made - I can say it's highly unlikely to see one that is undetected on the market. And we won't sell detected bots here. Sorry :/
    aequites likes this.

  3. #3
    Member
    aequites is offline

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Wood for Thought; Due to the way it was coded (genetic learning algorithm) it is extremely difficult/impossible to make little changes like you've suggested. We'd basically have to recode the bot all over again. That being said, we don't want perfect bots, perfect bots score too high and then you break a puzzle which is a break no-no.

    Aeolus; Good to hear!

    Spools of Silk; The algorithm swaps between an overpowered algorithm, and a half decent algorithm. This way we don't "ruin" patching as a puzzle. The bot achieves GM-Legendary standing and that's the way it is likely to stay. So what you're writing is exactly what you should be experiencing!

    As for the person writing about gunnery bots, reinforced by the amount I've actually made - I can say it's highly unlikely to see one that is undetected on the market. And we won't sell detected bots here. Sorry :/
    Thank you for the response, so what you're saying with the Spools of Silk, with a little bit of luck with the algorithm you can achieve Incredible with it, all I want is the incredible trophy, not for it to score incredible status all the time :P

  4. #4
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by aequites View Post
    Thank you for the response, so what you're saying with the Spools of Silk, with a little bit of luck with the algorithm you can achieve Incredible with it, all I want is the incredible trophy, not for it to score incredible status all the time :P
    I'm sure it's able to, just luck really - I've not really used it apart from beta testing stage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •