Looking for VPN/Ban Evasion Tips

Just to clarify, I'm not going to be raging about how I was banned. I got banned on an alt and my computers tainted, I untaint it ofcourse, but I am very at risk for ban-evasion. I am now wondering - does anyone know of any VPNs I can get for free? Or any other way that I can avoid a ban-evasion ban on Puzzle Pirates.

ANY tips will be appreciated. Thank you

Staying unbanned is relatively straightforward. You should not use any VPN (especially a public & free one) because there is a chance that another evader has used it on YPP before - so with a VPN you are still at risk. I have used VPN's before (paid & public) with limited success.

The only way to make yourself close to 100% undetected is to change your IP directly (without the use of VPN/proxy). This is sometimes a complicated process and depends entirely on the way your ISP (Internet Service Provider) allocates IP addresses. The method that worked for me was:

1) Note down your IP (google "my ip")
    2) Login to your router control panel, look for a "Clone MAC" or "Change MAC" function, randomise the digits
    3) Reboot your router, and/or modem if you have one
    4) Check to see if your IP has changed

Is there any chance you can go more in depth with explaining this? And this is what you did, correct?