Wood For Thought not working all the time

Hey guys! Ever since I purchased Wood for Thought I have been having issues with it. I took a small break and recently came back and thats why I havnt posted this until now. Anywho...

I'm running Windows 8 with Star8 to load me into the desktop with a start button.

I run PP in 32bit 800x600

My java, etc. is updated.

When I open wood for thought it goes to work but its VERY slow. However, this doesnt always happen. Like it goes to work but its so slow that I can only get fine or goods at the most.

sometimes the bot works at full speed and works great when it does but I can rarely get it to work like its suppose to.

I've tried restarting my computer, restarting supply crate, moving the WFT window around...everything that I can think of. Any suggestions?

#Return

I've spoke to Severn about the issue and were not quite sure what is causing it

We'll continue to look into it but at this stage there are no fixes to my knowledge that are consistent.

Were you aware of the issue before my post?

If so then I'm not sure how bad the issue is with everyone else but its BAD...like I tried at least 20 times in the last couple days and it didnt work once and obviously I'm not going to keep trying.

Is there a way for me to have it disabled for myself and have the patching bot enabled? I know its well over the 24 hour mark but I at least would like a bot I can use. We can swap them permanently or until there is a fix for WFT? I wouldnt ask for the different back either. I'm not worried about the 5 bucks I just want to have a bot I can use for the money if thats fair..

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Were you aware of the issue before my post?

If so then I'm not sure how bad the issue is with everyone else but its BAD...like I tried at least 20 times in the last couple days and it didnt work once and obviously I'm not going to keep trying.

Is there a way for me to have it disabled for myself and have the patching bot enabled? I know its well over the 24 hour mark but I at least would like a bot I can use. We can swap them permanently or until there is a fix for WFT? I wouldnt ask for the different back either. I'm not worried about the 5 bucks I just want to have a bot I can use for the money if thats fair..
    Errr... Yes; http://bot-supply.com/forum/puzzle-p...html#post46890
    (You posted on it )

Can you give me your computer specs please? Like RAM, CPU, Graphics card etc. (If they've changed)

No there are no exchanges unless face wishes to override it on these circumstances. Sorry! We're working on trying to figure out the problem

I run a 3rd gen i5-3210M. 8gigs of RAM. 64 bit. Windows 8.0. Star8 to boot into desktop. My graphics card is the stock. Intel HD 3000? I cant remember but I can look if you need me to.

I honestly do not remember posting on that thread, I didnt check it or the dates but I assume it was a while ago (hence me kinda going away and trying to wait/ignore it).

I think its great you guys are trying to find a solution! I hope you guys do but I seem to be (I'm assuming here) that I am a small percent of customers who are affected by this so basically I purchased something that I cannot use, and its been months (if I'm not mistaken) and the problem has not been fixed yet...which is fine, honestly, I dont care. What I do care about, though, is getting something for my money (I hope that makes sense). Basically, you could never find a fix for it and it wouldnt hurt my feelings I just would like to be able to have a bot to use instead of it.

Also, if you guys need me to skype yall so that you can see the problem itself not only to verify but to maybe help understand what its doing then I'd be more than happy to help.

#Return

I run a 3rd gen i5-3210M. 8gigs of RAM. 64 bit. Windows 8.0. Star8 to boot into desktop. My graphics card is the stock. Intel HD 3000? I cant remember but I can look if you need me to.

I honestly do not remember posting on that thread, I didnt check it or the dates but I assume it was a while ago (hence me kinda going away and trying to wait/ignore it).

I think its great you guys are trying to find a solution! I hope you guys do but I seem to be (I'm assuming here) that I am a small percent of customers who are affected by this so basically I purchased something that I cannot use, and its been months (if I'm not mistaken) and the problem has not been fixed yet...which is fine, honestly, I dont care. What I do care about, though, is getting something for my money (I hope that makes sense). Basically, you could never find a fix for it and it wouldnt hurt my feelings I just would like to be able to have a bot to use instead of it.

Also, if you guys need me to skype yall so that you can see the problem itself not only to verify but to maybe help understand what its doing then I'd be more than happy to help.
    You're not a small percentage, It's affecting quite a lot of people and bug fixes are the top of our to-do list at the moment. (Trust me...) I'll show Face this thread and see what we can do for you.

Ah, yeah I just looked into the other thread more. I'm going to update to windows 8.1 now and see if that changes anything. I'll let ya know if it does. Are there any hints to whats causing it? Does it seem as if only windows 8 users are having issues?

#Return

Ah, yeah I just looked into the other thread more. I'm going to update to windows 8.1 now and see if that changes anything. I'll let ya know if it does. Are there any hints to whats causing it? Does it seem as if only windows 8 users are having issues?
    Nope, It seems to be a mix. Try changing your screen resolution to something smaller? or Open your internet browser (The worked for one guy...)?

Its working with my browser open and after the update. hmm