Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bought bot - Cannot get it to work + missing a file in download

Hi,

I have just bought Wood for Thought.

When I download the Supply Crate zip file I get the following files

Supply Crate
    Supply Crate Updater
    I do not get the third file which is named something ICSharpcod ... (the screen shot cuts off the full name)

I have the latest version of Java, .Net and I disabled my Antivirus and downloaded the supply crate zip file again. Same thing. I am running Windows 8.1

When I click on Supply Crate I can log in successfully and obtain my purchased bot. When I click on it to run it loads a screen saying "searching for board" and "searching for game" it does not come off of this screen even if I open up PP and start a game of carp.

Can someone please help me? I have read through the read me docs and it says to post a question here for help.
    I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Hi,

I have just bought Wood for Thought.

When I download the Supply Crate zip file I get the following files

Supply Crate
    Supply Crate Updater
    I do not get the third file which is named something ICSharpcod ... (the screen shot cuts off the full name)

I have the latest version of Java, .Net and I disabled my Antivirus and downloaded the supply crate zip file again. Same thing. I am running Windows 8.1

When I click on Supply Crate I can log in successfully and obtain my purchased bot. When I click on it to run it loads a screen saying "searching for board" and "searching for game" it does not come off of this screen even if I open up PP and start a game of carp.

Can someone please help me? I have read through the read me docs and it says to post a question here for help.
    Supply-Crate no longer needs that file to work. (We updated it a little while ago...) and I haven't updates the Readme files for a long time.

Can you take a screenshot of your screen when it's failing to run (Please censor all your pirate information)

Edit: Btw, please don't spam the forum, one post/thread is enough, if it's not answered within 24-48 hours bump it

botstuck.jpg

I open PP, click on missions and select the carp
    I open Supply Crate > Auto login > click bots > wood for thought
    it loads then opens the screen in the attached pic (searching for games / searching for boards)
    it doesnt do anything else other than this.
    I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	botstuck.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	1338

I open PP, click on missions and select the carp
    I open Supply Crate > Auto login > click bots > wood for thought
    it loads then opens the screen in the attached pic (searching for games / searching for boards)
    it doesnt do anything else other than this.
    have you tried moving the bot out of the way of the puzzle pirates window? so that the entire puzzle pirates window can be seen?

Quote Originally Posted by mole3216 View Post
    have you tried moving the bot out of the way of the puzzle pirates window? so that the entire puzzle pirates window can be seen?
    Yes.

#Return

Yes.
    Have you focused YPP after running the bot?

Yes I have. When I focus the game it says "looking for board" I left it alone for 5-10 minutes and it was still looking for board while my pirate booched

Just FYI this bot isn't compatible with windows 8.1. I decided to test this bot on another machine running windows 7 and it's working as per it should.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 01-04-2014 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Double Post.

#Return

Just FYI this bot isn't compatible with windows 8.1. I decided to test this bot on another machine running windows 7 and it's working as per it should.
    All our bots are tested with different operating systems. The person who sets up the bots to be used within Supply-Crate operates Windows 8.

Hmm ok. I'll try again later, but for now it's working on 7 and not on 8.1. Perhaps I have something blocking it that I can't find. Anyway thanks for ur help

Server Admin

Just some thoughts (and possible causes):
    • Make sure your client is set to 800x600 32 bit (Ye -> Options -> General)
    • Make sure you don't have any screen-altering programs or settings. For example f.lux or any non-default graphics card settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast