Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Secure IP bind

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Prentice is offline

    Posts
    131

    Secure IP bind

    I'm not entirely sure how to get the secure IP bind working... I've binded it to both the javaw.exe on my computer yet puzzle pirates can still connect to the internet when the VPN is disabled.

    Could anyone possibly tell me what I'm doing wrong?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    elle is offline

    Posts
    298
    What makes you think it's connecting with your VPN disabled?

    If you're using HMA, it will terminate that program if it's launched without your connection being hidden. That's all it does. I'm not sure if it works on something that's already been launched.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Prentice is offline

    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    What makes you think it's connecting with your VPN disabled?.
    Because the game carries on. I also thought the whole point was if the connection dropped, the program that had the secure ip bind would be disconnected from the internet.

  4. #4
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Because the game carries on. I also thought the whole point was if the connection dropped, the program that had the secure ip bind would be disconnected from the internet.
    it is, but the secure IP bind only occurs when your VPN is running...

    Why would you need to bind something to your actual IP and have it disconnect when a VPN runs ?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Prentice is offline

    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    it is, but the secure IP bind only occurs when your VPN is running...

    Why would you need to bind something to your actual IP and have it disconnect when a VPN runs ?
    That's the opposite of what I want :P
    I want it so when the VPN drops YPP is disconnected from the internet. However when I disconnect the VPN, YPP is still able to connect to the internet which resulted in my recent ban.

  6. #6
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    That's the opposite of what I want :P
    I want it so when the VPN drops YPP is disconnected from the internet. However when I disconnect the VPN, YPP is still able to connect to the internet which resulted in my recent ban.
    Without having it downloaded, I do seem to remember having to "enable" it via a checkbox down the bottom right of the IP Bind section.

    Maybe watch this video?


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Prentice is offline

    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Without having it downloaded, I do seem to remember having to "enable" it via a checkbox down the bottom right of the IP Bind section.

    Maybe watch this video?
    I've got it engabled and whatnot however it still is able to connect to the internet. I wonder if I've got the incorrect "javaw.exe" or just that may be the wrong file overall.

  8. #8
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    I've got it engabled and whatnot however it still is able to connect to the internet. I wonder if I've got the incorrect "javaw.exe" or just that may be the wrong file overall.
    I'm 99% sure you use javaw, but I could be wrong.

    No idea if that video doesn't help.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    elle is offline

    Posts
    298
    It is javaw.exe, and it sounds like you're leaving it running. I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply to things that were already open when you connected.

  10. #10
    Casualty of War
    Incognito is offline

    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I'm 99% sure you use javaw, but I could be wrong.

    No idea if that video doesn't help.
    It is, I can take a look over teamviewer if you like
    Skype: BS.Incognito

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •