Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Aeolus Rigging

  1. #1
    Sobos homie 4 lyfe
    KittenCollector is offline

    Posts
    173

    Aeolus Rigging

    So today I was looking through videos on the Bot Supply Youtube channel and came across the old demo for aeolus, apparently it was nerfed I wasnt around for that but how come it was nerfed ? And why such a massive difference in performance

  2. #2
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenCollector View Post
    So today I was looking through videos on the Bot Supply Youtube channel and came across the old demo for aeolus, apparently it was nerfed I wasnt around for that but how come it was nerfed ? And why such a massive difference in performance
    It was overpowered and could destroy rigging, hence it was not publicly released. (We're not keen on destroying each puzzle)

  3. #3
    Banned
    FlyingPenguin is offline

    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    It was overpowered and could destroy rigging, hence it was not publicly released. (We're not keen on destroying each puzzle)
    If someone, would want to buy it for an ridiculously big price, would you sell it? To one person that is? Like 1k buckz? More? :P

  4. #4
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPenguin View Post
    If someone, would want to buy it for an ridiculously big price, would you sell it? To one person that is? Like 1k buckz? More? :P
    Not mine to sell.

  5. #5
    Sobos homie 4 lyfe
    KittenCollector is offline

    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    It was overpowered and could destroy rigging, hence it was not publicly released. (We're not keen on destroying each puzzle)
    I guess my question was more so why was it so drastically nerfed, it went from 12-19 clears with 1-3 looped to, 3-10 average with the occasional 15 or so looping mostly 1-2. I know youre not the one who coded it but still couldnt have there been some inbetween ground so its not broken but at the same time it can maintain sparklys. Some what like the way poseidon does

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Sobo is offline

    Posts
    1,163
    Wasn't really any other way of nerfing it tbh. All that happened was the depth of the bot was limited to 2 instead of 3. Min_Score is exactly the same, even at Depth 3 and a extremely low min score the bot would outperform the majority of people the majority of the time.

    (At least from what I was told)
    Need to get in Contact with me?

  7. #7
    Sobos homie 4 lyfe
    KittenCollector is offline

    Posts
    173
    If out performing people was the issue wouldnt poseidon be candidate for nerfing as well then ?

  8. #8
    Ex-Staff Member
    doubleuson is offline

    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenCollector View Post
    If out performing people was the issue wouldnt poseidon be candidate for nerfing as well then ?
    Bilge was ruined years ago...
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

  9. #9
    Sobos homie 4 lyfe
    KittenCollector is offline

    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleuson View Post
    Bilge was ruined years ago...
    Well yeah, I hate to come off as complaining cause im not im just trying to understand it better, cause I find Aeolus can be really frustrating sometimes in terms of being able to even hold a golden sail.

    And if the 3rd depth was kept an option and min score was lowered I feel like tha'd perform the same as poseidon with 4 clicks (When it comes to out playing other players)

    And people who don't bot hate bots regardless of how they perform, so why does it matter if it out performs them ? That just seems like its catering more towards people who aren't even customers. If it was due to fear of it being able to win competitions it cant win, because double loopers will always win rig comps.
    Last edited by KittenCollector; 05-28-2013 at 07:21 PM.

  10. #10
    Bot Coder
    flashbang is offline

    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenCollector View Post
    Well yeah, I hate to come off as complaining cause im not im just trying to understand it better, cause I find Aeolus can be really frustrating sometimes in terms of being able to even hold a golden sail.

    And if the 3rd depth was kept an option and min score was lowered I feel like tha'd perform the same as poseidon with 4 clicks (When it comes to out playing other players)

    And people who don't bot hate bots regardless of how they perform, so why does it matter if it out performs them ? That just seems like its catering more towards people who aren't even customers. If it was due to fear of it being able to win competitions it cant win, because double loopers will always win rig comps.
    I win every odd rig compe (if I join from time to time) with the OP version, so much about that.
    Rig on depth would be gamebreaking, as long as you do't lower the min score to somewhat 20, what then is pretty pointless as all what then depth 3 does is waste time on calculations.

    The rigbot does not perform any worse than when it was first released, just that your DR is also based on how all the others do. Many riggers / rig botters = worse DR.

    //siggy by Poseidon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •