Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best setting for Poseidon?

been using posiedon on auto for a while now and had been leaving it on default. Just wondering what was the best setting for it.

4 moves > auto
    #1 on several servers

Also how quick is 4 moves for most people, I have a 3.8 gHz processor (i5) and 8 Gb or RAM, but it takes a few seconds to find the next piece, is this to make sure it isn't too good or do I need a better computer?
    (P.S I didn't edit my other post because they are not related)

Administrator

Sticky put the math somewhere, but essentially the switch between move 3 and move 4 is that, mode 4 searches millions of moves and mode 3 searches a couple hundred thousand.

Your computer is fast enough, it just takes a while because of the large move difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Sticky put the math somewhere, but essentially the switch between move 3 and move 4 is that, mode 4 searches millions of moves and mode 3 searches a couple hundred thousand.

Your computer is fast enough, it just takes a while because of the large move difference.
    Ok well That is good to know, I still get increds so all is good!

Is it now safe to use Poseidon Bilge on automatic?

Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    Is it now safe to use Poseidon Bilge on automatic?
    yeah id say so. although when you switch to auto i has a little warning thingy but it works great and i havent been banned after a few weeks of use. and thanks for the help guys :P

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post

Yep, when bilging there's 60 possible moves you can make.
    So, with depth of 2, there's 60x60 = 60^2 = 3600 possible moves.
    Depth of 3 gives you 60x60x60 = 60^3 = 216,000 moves
    Depth of 4 is 60^4 = 12,960,000 moves

So yeah, depth 4 takes 60 times longer than depth 3.

if anyone can run that effectively i wanna see it haha, doubt it'd be worth it unless your computer was absolutely amazing though tbh

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by auzz View Post
    if anyone can run that effectively i wanna see it haha, doubt it'd be worth it unless your computer was absolutely amazing though tbh
    It takes like 3 seconds for 4 move depth... It's effective and should get #1 on even a half-decent PC....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast