Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Scooter is offline

    Posts
    289

    best setting for Poseidon?

    been using posiedon on auto for a while now and had been leaving it on default. Just wondering what was the best setting for it.

  2. #2
    Member
    matte1337 is offline

    Posts
    53
    4 moves > auto
    #1 on several servers

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    SuperCraften is offline

    Posts
    15
    Also how quick is 4 moves for most people, I have a 3.8 gHz processor (i5) and 8 Gb or RAM, but it takes a few seconds to find the next piece, is this to make sure it isn't too good or do I need a better computer?
    (P.S I didn't edit my other post because they are not related)

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Face is offline

    Posts
    2,116
    Sticky put the math somewhere, but essentially the switch between move 3 and move 4 is that, mode 4 searches millions of moves and mode 3 searches a couple hundred thousand.

    Your computer is fast enough, it just takes a while because of the large move difference.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    SuperCraften is offline

    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Sticky put the math somewhere, but essentially the switch between move 3 and move 4 is that, mode 4 searches millions of moves and mode 3 searches a couple hundred thousand.

    Your computer is fast enough, it just takes a while because of the large move difference.
    Ok well That is good to know, I still get increds so all is good!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    The Boss is offline

    Posts
    20
    Is it now safe to use Poseidon Bilge on automatic?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Scooter is offline

    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    Is it now safe to use Poseidon Bilge on automatic?
    yeah id say so. although when you switch to auto i has a little warning thingy but it works great and i havent been banned after a few weeks of use. and thanks for the help guys :P

  8. #8
    Server Admin
    Sticky is offline

    Posts
    966
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Sticky put the math somewhere, but essentially the switch between move 3 and move 4 is that, mode 4 searches millions of moves and mode 3 searches a couple hundred thousand.

    Your computer is fast enough, it just takes a while because of the large move difference.
    Yep, when bilging there's 60 possible moves you can make.
    So, with depth of 2, there's 60x60 = 60^2 = 3600 possible moves.
    Depth of 3 gives you 60x60x60 = 60^3 = 216,000 moves
    Depth of 4 is 60^4 = 12,960,000 moves

    So yeah, depth 4 takes 60 times longer than depth 3.

  9. #9
    Member
    auzz is offline

    Posts
    30
    if anyone can run that effectively i wanna see it haha, doubt it'd be worth it unless your computer was absolutely amazing though tbh

  10. #10
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by auzz View Post
    if anyone can run that effectively i wanna see it haha, doubt it'd be worth it unless your computer was absolutely amazing though tbh
    It takes like 3 seconds for 4 move depth... It's effective and should get #1 on even a half-decent PC....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •