Ex-Staff Member

Windows 8 Crash Problem

N.B. - flashbang - this is the 90-day trial version that I downloaded not the sh*t version I tried to torrent!

During the Windows 8 Installation (after completing the preliminary stages), my computer restarted and the installation continued as Windows 8. However, my laptop crashed and whenever I boot it up now, I receive the error message:

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

After pressing OK the system repeats the process and lands in the same place, creating an infinite loop.

I then tried pressing F11 just after pressing the on key to bring up HP Recovery Manager. However, Windows 8 has zoomed the manager in too far so I am unable to press "Next" in the bottom corner because my screen is too far in. I tried plugging in an external monitor but it didn't work so I am stuck in this phase. I really could use help with how to proceed...
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

I just got Win8 myself(came with new comp), had the same issue with the button being too far over... I ajusted the screen as much as possible, and it was still off(and though, I have a projector...was too lazy to get it...)....oddly enough... after 15 minutes of randomly clicking on and off screen and trying the "next" button every so often it worked ....if you have an HDMI port, I'd try hooking it up to your TV...

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSnake View Post
    I just got Win8 myself(came with new comp), had the same issue with the button being too far over... I ajusted the screen as much as possible, and it was still off(and though, I have a projector...was too lazy to get it...)....oddly enough... after 15 minutes of randomly clicking on and off screen and trying the "next" button every so often it worked ....if you have an HDMI port, I'd try hooking it up to your TV...
    I tried it with my monitor but no luck there.

Also, BUMP! If anyone knows anything about how to use recovery media USBs and Windows 8 Boot options please PM me, post here or add my skype (doubleuson).
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

British Twat

I'm not really active anymore however i can answer this one, I believe the problem to your windows 8 crashing is, Your purchase or activation of windows 8.

If your stupid or if i think your stupid please follow this link: (Link)

Ex-Staff Member

Oh, I'll just take it to the repair shop. I'm sick of wasting my time testing each and every option.