Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Really Annoying Computer Problem

Ex-Staff Member

Really Annoying Computer Problem

Hey B-S,
    I need a bit of help, my PC keeps on 'deactivating' my browser window every minute or so. When I say deactivating, it sort of makes the window act as though I clicked away from it making anything I am attempting to type not type and instead just cause shortcuts on my computer. I really struggle with putting this into words so I'll make an example picture: pc-problems.jpg. It is really frustrating and occurs regularly every minute and causes me distress when speed typing or gaming as the SPACEBAR on my PC deactivates my Wireless Adapter causing me to lose connection.

If anyone can label this process sensibly so I could search it up elsewhere or suggest what is occurring to trigger this and ways to counter and stop this from occurring, I would be a very happy bunny, indeed.

Thanks,
    Double

EDIT: Here's a link to the photo because the embedded one is too small to read/peruse accurately: http://i.imgur.com/mXFwg1E.png
    Last edited by doubleuson; 02-24-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Bot Coder

Use Firefox / Aurora.

//siggy by Poseidon

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    Use Firefox / Aurora.
    The problem only occurs on my PC. I use the same version of chrome on my laptop and that works without this problem.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Lob

It is because another program is stealing the focus. This can be with an error message not showing, internet reconnecting, wireless/usb mouse/keyboard etc. I would start with running a virus scan to see if it's because of a virus. If it's not, then check your active programs.
    Last edited by Lob; 02-24-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuson View Post
    The problem only occurs on my PC. I use the same version of chrome on my laptop and that works without this problem.
    Did you try Firefox / Aurora?
    Face likes this.

//siggy by Poseidon

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    Did you try Firefox / Aurora?
    Tried it, same problem. Next brilliant idea?

EDIT: So it's my plug in wireless adapter that's doing it. Any idea how to stop it doing it?
    Last edited by doubleuson; 02-25-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuson View Post
    Tried it, same problem. Next brilliant idea?

EDIT: So it's my plug in wireless adapter that's doing it. Any idea how to stop it doing it?
    Unplug it?

EDIT:

Ain't I having brilliant ideas? Add me on Skype if you want me to try to help you.
    Ezenemy and Omegwavex like this.

//siggy by Poseidon

Ex-Staff Member

BUMP! You never got around to helping me after that Skype conference of yours. I continue to have the same problem.

Server Admin

Does this only happen with your browser? Or does it occur for any program you have open?

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    Does this only happen with your browser? Or does it occur for any program you have open?
    I only generally use my web browser however it doesn't seem to occur while I am using Microsoft Word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast