VIP Member

In desperate need of help!

Basically my League of Legends wont even log in anymore, and before this, yesterday it could log in but it lagged so much i got attempting to reconnect all the time and when i didnt i had so much delay on abilities that they came after i was dead..
    The thing is it all started after i refomatted and innstalled w8, and after the patch so i suspect its one of these.
    Anywho, does anyone have experience with this/ a fix for this? please let me know!
    Alienz

Hmm.. Check CPU and your down/up speeds.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

VIP Member

They are fine, more than good enough for it to run without problem... And as i said iy worked perfectly fine just a month ago
    Alienz

I suggest you uninstall win8 and try to forget it ever existed.

In all seriousness, though, you need to figure out whether it is a problem with your computer, your internet, or the LoL client.

You said your CPU usage and speed requirements are fine. Make sure to check them when you're inside of a game. This will tell you if it's your computer.

Frequent DCs and not being able to login are signature examples of internet problems. You said it was working fine earlier, so I doubt this is a problem. The next time you go into a game, check your ping number below your character in the loading screen. Anything between 0-200 is playable (although I hate anything above 140). Anything between 200-350 is pretty bad. Anything higher will probably give you a lot of DCs and a terrible lag.

It could be Riot's fault. They aren't a big company and LoL only recently got popular. Hell, they don't have an iOS client. It's very possible they haven't adjusted their game well enough to run correctly on win8. A good way to figure this out is to simply Google it (I wasn't going to do that for you).

If it's none of these, reinstall LoL. In fact, if you know your internet is fast, reinstall LoL first.
    Skype - wastedbro

Beta Tester

I upgraded to win8 and kinda sometimes have the same issues with league. But I just reinstalled league (twice) and it was fine. So give that a go first, and if worst comes to worst if you want to keep playing you'll have to revert back to an older version of windows. I sent in some customer service report things to Riot and they said from their end everything about my computer looks fine and should be working. So win 8 shouldn't be the problem according to them. They've done updates to their client so it's compatible. But who really knows. I guess just try and reinstall it. I don't have any issues with it now that I've reinstalled it. I don't have any DCs or anything like that.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by wastedbro View Post
    I suggest you uninstall win8 and try to forget it ever existed.

In all seriousness, though, you need to figure out whether it is a problem with your computer, your internet, or the LoL client.

You said your CPU usage and speed requirements are fine. Make sure to check them when you're inside of a game. This will tell you if it's your computer.

Frequent DCs and not being able to login are signature examples of internet problems. You said it was working fine earlier, so I doubt this is a problem. The next time you go into a game, check your ping number below your character in the loading screen. Anything between 0-200 is playable (although I hate anything above 140). Anything between 200-350 is pretty bad. Anything higher will probably give you a lot of DCs and a terrible lag.

It could be Riot's fault. They aren't a big company and LoL only recently got popular. Hell, they don't have an iOS client. It's very possible they haven't adjusted their game well enough to run correctly on win8. A good way to figure this out is to simply Google it (I wasn't going to do that for you).

If it's none of these, reinstall LoL. In fact, if you know your internet is fast, reinstall LoL first.
    Thanks for suggestions, but i have done all of that unfornutately, googled it and it seems a lot of other people have this problem after the patch, so maybe i should try uninstalling win8 or something.. my ping varies from 50 - 100 so i doubt strongly that its my connection.. it seems to be a problem from Riots side
    Alienz

Have Windows 8 installed and updated, no problems running LoL @ EUW. Have any internet discrepancies with other applications? Could be network driver/router.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by superprada View Post
    Have Windows 8 installed and updated, no problems running LoL @ EUW. Have any internet discrepancies with other applications? Could be network driver/router.
    No, Cod, pp and everything else runs fine, torrents and utube videos download/buffer fast
    Alienz