Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KoW 2.0 Question

I have a quick question about the intelligence of KoW and how it works.

When I have it on 60 I notice that I usually average around 3-5 MP before it messes up and resets the chain.

When I have it on 200+ I notice that I usually average around 8-10 MP before it breaks the chain.

Is this pure coincidence, or because of the increased speed it doesn't "think" as much about the moves it is going to make?

Does this happen with anyone else - Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: It seems to be that some people who run it at slower speeds (around 150) get the same trend. Another Thing I noticed - When carping at a high speed (60) Getting MP 5/6 after a league point or two will not make it sparkly, but when getting the same score but placing the pieces a bit slower, the hammer is sparkly. Anyone else have this trend occur as well? - If not Test it out and see if you notice it.
    Last edited by Invicious; 04-16-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Added Update

Banned

I keep mine on 60 it does good for me every now and then when i hit a lag spike it messes up but other than that its great.. are you lagging at all?

I don't think he means messing up as in the bot itself messes up; he's talking about getting a craftmanship/something breaking the MP^(#) chain.

I think it's all luck.

Slower works better for me too. I run it on 150 and it performs better than when I ran it on 60. I never ever get lag, I think it performs better if it's slower.

Same, I run it at 160 and constantly get Excellents/Increds and recently got Ultimate. I personally wouldn't lower it any more than that.

Server Admin

Does anyone who has the problem with it glitching out and getting stuck find that it only occurs on fast speeds?

Well... if the bot needs to work out moves faster, it needs more computer power to do so. If the computer restricts the amount of usage the bot can use (probably because the computer didn't have sufficient power to begin with - blame the RAM), then it will probably get to a point where the bot can't calculate anymore. Or atleast, that's what I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Change93 View Post
    Well... if the bot needs to work out moves faster, it needs more computer power to do so. If the computer restricts the amount of usage the bot can use (probably because the computer didn't have sufficient power to begin with - blame the RAM), then it will probably get to a point where the bot can't calculate anymore. Or atleast, that's what I think of it.
    But the time isn't the time it takes to detect the move, it's the mouse speed. So for example, if you have it on 60 it will instantly go for another piece after placing one. But on 150 it will probably go for the same piece it will just get there slower. The move it goes for isn't to do with the speed as far as I am aware.

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    But the time isn't the time it takes to detect the move, it's the mouse speed. So for example, if you have it on 60 it will instantly go for another piece after placing one. But on 150 it will probably go for the same piece it will just get there slower. The move it goes for isn't to do with the speed as far as I am aware.
    Having coded the mouse movement myself, this is correct. The mouse movement speed has no effect on the puzzle solving algorithm.

Once again, does anyone who has the problem with it glitching out and getting stuck find that it only occurs on fast speeds? (I'm after people who have actually tested this)

I have a very strong computer - no lag or any issues in that department - it was just a trend I noticed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast