Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argos "bugs"

Argos "bugs"

Hey

I've just bought the Argos shipwrightery bot and I must say, this bot is amazing, it's really good at what it does.
    Though, lots of people here complain about Argos, that it doesn't really get their rank up or even lower it.
    So I've been examining Argos and noticed my shipwrightery did go down too, I was respected and after using the bot I became distinguished.
    But how does a perfectly fine bot gets our ranks down? You all complain but nobody is looking at what the bot does and does NOT do...
    Argos doesn't recognize some pieces of the puzzle which makes it perform less good. So far I have 5 pieces it doesn't recognize: the shackle, the sail, the knee, the helm and the bowsprit.
    It isn't that bad but what if those 3 or 4 pieces appear at the same board, Argos will not clear the pieces and will only work with the 2 or 3 others that it does recognize, this will make the bot perform less good, which is the cause of lower rankings, atleast it is in my case.
    I've had a couple of boards where he only used 3 pieces cause he didn't recognize the others.

TL;DR: Argos does not recognize every piece ( shackle, knee, bowsprit, sail, helm)

So for the coders out there, I hope this helps you guys

- Dtape
    Last edited by Dtape; 04-12-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: more unrecognized pieces

Administrator

This actually does give us a place to go from I think.

How did you determine which ones the bot didn't recognize? Just by watching or?

Yup, I just kept watching it, once I suspected it wouldn't recognize a piece I focused on that piece and come to this
    Sometimes it has a shackle left as only piece and then it just start rearranging everything to set-up a new combo of pieces, that's how I got those so far

I can't say I agree. For me, the bot DOES recognize and use those pieces. Atleast some of them anyway

#Return

Yes, I agree. I've been watching it too, doing things like that. However the bowsprit I have seen work, I'm pretty sure Sage would've coded it so it calculates the best score with the pieces available.

Not really sure how its coded, but it does have a few bugs here and there, but I have seen the bowsprit and a few other pieces listed above work

Quote Originally Posted by Dtape View Post
    Hey
    shackle, knee, bowsprit, sail, helm
    - Dtape
    Ok, I've just run the bot and for me, it picks up those pieces. The only one I didn't see it use was shackle.

it doesn't use sail even if there a sail it doesn't put it even
    doesn't use shackle knee and helm

Well, guess there's something wrong with the coding than they'll fix it ^_^

EDIT: It just made a knee so that can be scrapped of my list
    Last edited by Dtape; 04-13-2012 at 09:15 AM.

VIP Member

Makes everything for me. The thing that is wrong with this bot, is that it doesn't go for the highest score. Like if it gets a VEGAS with a 5 piece, it will then go and a make VEGAS^2 with a 3 piece. And that's low scoring. The thing you look at in shipwrightery is not the bingo, donkey, vegas stuff, but what's writen under them. Like artisan etc...

YPPedia for more info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast