Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bilge bots and four move depth

Bilge bots and four move depth

From what' I've read using 4 move depth on either of the bilge bots is meant to be better, if your computer is good enough. However when I use four move depth it is extremely slow at calculating moves. I've got 32 GB of RAM and a 4 GHz i7, surely there isn't a higher requirement than this to use four move depth...

VIP Member

That's an unbelievable amount of RAM o.o
    If you have any business with me, feel free to add me on skype 'waterlesswell'

Can your computer even use half of that? lol
    nicolas16n likes this.

Are you rendering Disney movies or something? Because DAMN thats a good computer.

Anyways... Have you tried setting the bots priority to 'High'? If that doesnt work I dont know whats wrong then :3
    Marigolds are very much in love, but he doesn't mind

Bot Coder

Please read a bit thru the forums before asking the same question over and over. Others and I have explained many many times that Poseidon at the moment can't even use one core to the max on newer PCs since it isn't multithreaded. Trident is multithreaded, however still takes about roughly three seconds on depth four on high-end machines due to the way it is coded.

For the rendering Disney movies that probably isn't enough and those specs are common here for normal home PCs if you are doing something with graphics and / or video. When I worked for a TV channel and we were rendering 10 HD studio cams in real time this one wouldn't have gotten us far! However, nice PC!

//siggy by Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    For the rendering Disney movies that probably isn't enough and those specs are common here for normal home PCs if you are doing something with graphics and / or video. When I worked for a TV channel and we were rendering 10 HD studio cams in real time this one wouldn't have gotten us far! However, nice PC!
    Wow really? The best I have is 3gb of ram and 3GHz
    Marigolds are very much in love, but he doesn't mind

Banned

That's bullshit that a home computer has 32 gigs of ram. Stores usually sell 2-6 depending on what you're buying.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    That's bullshit that a home computer has 32 gigs of ram. Stores usually sell 2-6 depending on what you're buying.
    Welcome to Germany!

//siggy by Poseidon

Geez people, 32gb ram isn't that much these days. You either have 3/4 gb but after that you instantly hop to hell of a lot more cause the rest isn't really worth it...

Other than that, nice specs

unless you're stupid enough to buy a branded computer you wont be able to buy less than 16GB, for the price it's simply not worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast