Updating Virtual Machine Help

Long story short, use to play/bot ypp, stopped playing/botting ypp, wanting to start playing/botting ypp again.

So I saw where I believe it was stated by a staff member recently that the bots are updated to work best with windows 7 as opposed to XP. However, I recall setting up my virtual machines with XP because it required less CPU usage.

So i'm wanting to know:

If it's necessary/advised to update the virtual machines to accommodate the bots?

Is windows 7 going to put substantially more strain on my PC over windows XP and if so is there an advisable Windows 7 ISO version I should look for?

Is Oracle Virtual Machines still a good VM option (or if there are better)?

Any informational feedback/direction would be great!

Thanks

depends which bots you use. i had problems with DIS, KOW, Trident, Argos and Flaming Balls. If you don't use any of these XP is still okay, for now at least. if you want to use these you'll need to bite the bullet and switch to 7, no it wont put 'substantially' more load on your pc but it is a little heavier and it also requires more storage space. any 7 release is fine, but you only really need basic or home premium 32 bit, you can install ultimate or whatever but it uses more space and resources. oracle is okay, i've switched to vmware personally, it runs several machines better for me and i prefer the interface.

Thanks for the swift response mate!

Been a little bit of a tango starting fresh with VMware and I can't seem to find a way to clone a VM like you could in oracle. Am I overlooking?

you're missing the option, yes.

i've been using full clones or whatever they're called as opposed to linked ones because the linked ones seem to freeze others at times and a few other random issues.

actually i think i know what you did, did you use the player or the workstation? i used the player at first and couldn't find a way to clone because it's in the workstation i'm pretty sure. (i don't know the difference really)

Did some research and there is apparently no way to clone a VM within player...well there is, but you have to manipulate the registries and blah blah blah

My impatient ass already did 5 VMs without cloning, but if I need more for whatever reason I'll move over to the workstation.

Thanks T