Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xalyx

Thread: Help with programming C# bots for YPP

Help with programming C# bots for YPP

I have been searching tutorials for making bots for Puzzle Pirates and there is no one ( I guess the only one is the Notion one). I wanna get inside the theme about programming bots but i dont know where i have to search.
    Any recommendation about?.
    Where did you learnd C#?.

We dont have born knowing , so i think you should learned from some place. I think that i wont be the only one that is going to be pleased.

So Share! .

Of course that if Bot-Supply.com Teachs me , i will make things for Free for them. I think itīs the way to say Thanks. or making Publish, i really like use Photoshop. Actually my signature is made by me from 0%

Sorry if my english is poor , i speak spanish xD.

Some of the microsoft tutorials aren't that bad for getting started with C, and a few maybe from csharp-station as microsoft don't seem to have tutorials for some aspects .. though C isn't the most ideal 'learning' language as such.
    I can not stress enough, DO NOT make your first programs bot attempts.

C# Basics
    Last edited by sarged; 03-21-2012 at 05:24 AM.

#Return

As my teachers Flashbang, Phantom, Schalk (and even Face sometimes) taught me.

Google is your Friend

Best teacher. (Well thats how I've learnt/still am learning)

Thenewboston on Youtube is pretty good too for general C# tutorials.

CodeGuru Forums - A Developer.com Community for C++, C#, VB, Java and .NET Solutions

As I post this there are 2771 people online on that forum, and 314 are viewing the C# section. Go make some friends. Learn it and then try to make bots.

In the forum I saw new coders making programs to calculate revenue from baseball tickets, and a program where you input grades and it calculates grade point average. Start small.
    Last edited by Xalyx; 03-21-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    Lucas7000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalyx View Post
    CodeGuru Forums - A Developer.com Community for C++, C#, VB, Java and .NET Solutions

As I post this there are 2771 people online on that forum, and 314 are viewing the C# section. Go make some friends. Learn it and then try to make bots.

In the forum I saw new coders making programs to calculate revenue from baseball tickets, and a program where you input grades and it calculates grade point average. Start small.
    Thanks for Share Xalyx !

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    As my teachers Flashbang, Phantom, Schalk (and even Face sometimes) taught me.

Google is your Friend

Best teacher. (Well thats how I've learnt/still am learning)

Thenewboston on Youtube is pretty good too for general C# tutorials.
    If i made this post , that means that i have search in google , dont you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas7000 View Post
    People are notoriously lazy .. and as such a lot of people post questions on forums or over other means of support without attempting to find the answers themselves.
    Prime example of this exists in the suggestions forum on here.. go and count the number of threads suggesting a chat system of some sort. The forum has a search feature, and they would have literally seen the other threads before they posted.

#Return

Where did you learnd C#?.
    You asked where people learnt C#, So I told you. Whats your problem?

By the way, are you completely new to learning C#? Or do you have prior experience... I don't wanna be rude, but starting off with bots is actually very unrealistic. Takes a lot of experience to make a bot, as it isn't as easy as it seems. All the bot coders here have tons of experience, my opinion? Start off small. Like Xayx said and slowly build your way up.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 03-21-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    You asked where people learnt C#, So I told you. Whats your problem?

By the way, are you completely new to learning C#? Or do you have prior experience... I don't wanna be rude, but starting off with bots is actually very unrealistic. Takes a lot of experience to make a bot, as it isn't as easy as it seems. All the bot coders here have tons of experience, my opinion? Start off small. Like Xayx said and slowly build your way up.
    Thanks for the recomendation. I am New at C# , anyways i wanna try it, i think i will do that , slowly build my way up.

Banned

I'v been working on a project for bout' 2 weeks now, its not a big project, not lots of lines, but yeah. Bots aren't easy, but with basic knowledge, meaning atlest 6months and some guidelines you got it straight