Thread: Hash.dat

Banned

Hash.dat

So whats the deal with Supply Crate?

After I manually delete hash.dat, and then click untaint for extra protection, hash.dat appears again? I've experimented a little, and found that this only occurs when I press untaint.

Banned

WHYYYY WHYYYYY DOES THE FUCKING UNTAINT BUTTON PUT IN HASH.DAT INTO MY C: Fuck this game

Captain Medals

I'm not that much into untainting, but from what I've heard is that the hash.dat contains all your Account Info registered on your computer (whether your Accounts or if someone else's logged onto your computer; also how many accounts were used on your computer and if you therefore are able to create more accounts or not). If you delete it, you remove the whole "history" of it too [hence why you should be able to create new accounts, since no banned ones are in the list -its empty]. Upon untainting/starting YPP the game itself always creates a hash.dat file, but an empty one.

If you keep getting banned I wouldn't blame the hash.dat, but rather your Computer or IP-Address.
    Who do you think you are?

Administrator

Supply-Crate creates a hash.dat with a spoofed MAC address.
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Hash.dat is just a file containing information of all things Puzzle pirates account related deleting hash.dat doesnt allow you to create a new account though. However deleting the prefs file in javasoft does, enjoy.