Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Forage Bot

Forage Bot

I've been thinking about this for a while now.

With the constantly dying game, I've noticed more and more people loading sloop CI's rather then Atlantis or HS solely due to the low amount of jobbers. I think this would be the perfect time to create a Speed Forage bot capable of getting Frenetics. With Trident bilge, and the new addition of Aethyr rigging, thrall tokening can be done easily.

I personally have zero to no experience in programming bots, but Forage seems to be a pretty similar puzzle to bilge. (in the way the pieces move)

Anyways, just thought I should throw out my suggestions.

I think the bigest problem is the fact that forage has chests. and that makes it a lot harder than bilge for a computer to handle with, furthermore a forage bot would not bring as much income in as a bilge bot. so you've got to think about this way. all the good bot devs are going to be making bots for the more common puzzles that people will want, so they make more money for all their hard work.

You make a good point, however Bilge also has unmovable pieces, like crabs.

i never said it was impossible. their are some foraging bots out their only private ones though. just saying that bot devs will not prioritize it over something like dnav as way more people would buy dnav over forage.

Administrator

plans are had we just don't talk about stuff until we have results. (Excluding this post)

Personally i would rather see little improvements made on some bots before a new bot is created.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by wosher View Post
    Personally i would rather see little improvements made on some bots before a new bot is created.
    Like what exactly? Performance or bug fixes? (We're fixing bugs before anymore new bots come out)

DiS it's the most expensive bot yet its so derpy, doesnt team or stall. Suicides itself if the best move is where you kill yourself.. Wood for thought, not even sure what that bot is doing half the time. it has the piece to do a master piece yet it chooses another piece :S. Trident gets stuck.

And i think all bots should click the play button.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by wosher View Post
    DiS it's the most expensive bot yet its so derpy, doesnt team or stall. Suicides itself if the best move is where you kill yourself.. Wood for thought, not even sure what that bot is doing half the time. it has the piece to do a master piece yet it chooses another piece :S. Trident gets stuck.

And i think all bots should click the play button.
    If the best move is to kill yourself, surely it would be the final move possible? No. Due to speed restrictions (actually detecting the SF pieces) occasionally what will happen is that it will try to flip the piece and it will accidentally suicide. We can't prevent this unless you want to remove parts of the algorithm (Making it stupider) so that it moves faster.

Wood For Though was a genetic algorithm made bot. Adding performance changes would require a complete re-code. (Due to how it was coded).

I agree with you, I've been programming that into all the bots. Just awaiting security on them (which is delayed as securing a bot is quite time-consuming and just making it "Press play" isn't really worth all the time it takes). That fix will be added to big bot updates.

well i got an account banned due to the fact it never presses play :P so in my mind it is worth it just to make it press play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast