Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Making poseidon more human like.

Currently, if poseidon is building a 3x3, it will do this : click...click...click and then Arr!
    However, a player takes longer to think of the initial move and then clicks rapidly, like ......click.click.click Arr!
    Aeolus does this; if the move the bot just made doesn't clear anything it doesn't seem to rescan the board; it will make the following moves much more quickly than the intial one. This is more realistic and more efficient.

I believe it does this to see if there is a better solution from the current scan from the last scan.

Also FYI, I would edit your post and send it to Face. Last time I posted something similar I had the thread moved privately.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Let's say the best move it sees is a 3x3 in 3 clicks.
    Well it makes two clicks, scanning again after each one, and then when it scans after the second click it find a bingo in 2 more moves.
    It then goes for the bingo instead of finishing the 3x3.

That's how I could see benefit to scanning after each move.
    new life, who this

one other thing that pisses me off is it goes for a 3x3 in 3 moves then switches to a har in 3 moves when its about to break the 3x3... really bothers me

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Furyjoey View Post
    one other thing that pisses me off is it goes for a 3x3 in 3 moves then switches to a har in 3 moves when its about to break the 3x3... really bothers me
    We appreciate the information but it's unlikely we will be making drastic changes to the algorithm such as what you're suggesting, I'm sorry.

the bot is easily capable of #1 and is safe. what more do you need...?

Quote Originally Posted by tehherb View Post
    the bot is easily capable of #1 and is safe. what more do you need...?
    a better algo to win comps. Not too hard to code a better algo, although I consider anything better than pose "game-breaking" since it is #1 with hyperranking.
    new life, who this

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMeWin View Post
    Not too hard to code a better algo
    I'd like to see a better algorithm. If you could code a 5-depth bilge bot, or a pattern recognition bilge bot I'd be majorly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I'd like to see a better algorithm. If you could code a 5-depth bilge bot, or a pattern recognition bilge bot I'd be majorly impressed.
    does the 5 depth have to be efficient?

And I never said that I could, but for people who excel in coding, it could be doable.
    new life, who this

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMeWin View Post
    does the 5 depth have to be efficient?

And I never said that I could, but for people who excel in coding, it could be doable.
    Well of course, otherwise it's not a very good algorithm is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast