Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Support for Botsupply (Donations Idea)

Support for Botsupply (Donations Idea)

Okay guys with reading Mehs thread about new layouts and all and Face mentioning he would try and implement it but the Issue would be the $ he would require to add custom plugins to the website to even make it possible.

So here is my idea.

Since at top of the website we have the sections Forums/Bots/VIP etc. what you could do is add a section after What's New? called Donation. Idea would be fairly Simple as its a Optional choose to donate to Bot-Supply or not. I mean We buy the bots/vip and get access to the Bots for as long as the bot is up and running. (or until VIP expires) Donations wouldn't give us any access to Bots VIP or the like but the money could be used to put more into the Website to help increase its productivity for what Meh would suggest. Maybe it could even be for more development into the bots since it would give them more money and more motivation to get bots out there for us.

The Donation Tab could be split into 2 Sections Firstly would be Website layout funding or the like while the second could be Bot Funding into getting new bots out there or bringing old ones back if they can rework the source codes. Perhaps one section for Donation where it all goes together but if it is Split we have the choice to donate to what we would like to see improved.

How much can we Donate to Bot-Supply?

Well I for one would say let it be whatever you would like or can afford considering a few $ 5-10 etc can add up to be a long in a long run.
    Or maybe even a Structure design of Donating say $5 10 15 30 etc in a Rising format think about it more if this gets approved

If Face and his own team do like the suggestion and a few people would support this we can have a BS Forum vote to see if people would like to Split Donations to what we would like (Website funding or Bot Funding or just 1 Donation for the full thing)

Meh's Idea link - http://bot-supply.com/forum/suggesti...html#post55840

Banned

Or raise the price for bots or vip for a short amount of time.
    xerio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Or raise the price for bots or vip for a short amount of time.
    that would be a good donation actually as some bots people would consider over or underpriced

Administrator

Would also stop some people from buying it just because they know it will be cheaper again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Would also stop some people from buying it just because they know it will be cheaper again in the future.
    unless the donators always vouch for it to go higher then get it while its as low as u can lol

but Face do you like the general idea to help with website funding etc?

You could possibly go for a donator rank, a few buddies and I set up a forum quite awhile ago and added exclusive donator ranks at ~$15, a surprising amount of people bought it. VIP seems like it's a donator rank, but it feels like it's more benefit to the buyer than the seller. I'd buy the rank.
    tehherb and xerio like this.
    Marigolds are very much in love, but he doesn't mind

Quote Originally Posted by looloo1 View Post
    You could possibly go for a donator rank, a few buddies and I set up a forum quite awhile ago and added exclusive donator ranks at ~$15, a surprising amount of people bought it. VIP seems like it's a donator rank, but it feels like it's more benefit to the buyer than the seller. I'd buy the rank.
    yeah i know 2-3 forums that have the Donator Rank but don't gain any benefits at all besides one being there own Forum section to post what they want nothing benefits them besides that though

Administrator

I mean I appreciate the will to just throw me money but really there are some issues that come up with it. For instance lets say there is something that everyone wants done and it costs 500 dollars. Well at a 5 dollar donation minimum that's 100 people donating. That's a LOT of people for the ypp marketplace.

Second issue arises with what if the product is just not used by the majority of people or the coder botches the job and then just runs after. Then the community wasted several hundred collective dollars on something which is poo gas.

Thirdly and who controls what is spent on and why? What if one person wants to donate to the visual mod and another person wants to donate twards a ypp tool or something. How is that determined? Do we have multiple donation fields? What if there is one donation field which only accumulates half of what the projected cost would be. Do I foot the bill? Do you refund the users? How long till any of those things go on.

I don't want to be a downer or anything but taking people's money for projects that are often times volatile is a really big step to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    I mean I appreciate the will to just throw me money but really there are some issues that come up with it. For instance lets say there is something that everyone wants done and it costs 500 dollars. Well at a 5 dollar donation minimum that's 100 people donating. That's a LOT of people for the ypp marketplace.

Second issue arises with what if the product is just not used by the majority of people or the coder botches the job and then just runs after. Then the community wasted several hundred collective dollars on something which is poo gas.

Thirdly and who controls what is spent on and why? What if one person wants to donate to the visual mod and another person wants to donate twards a ypp tool or something. How is that determined? Do we have multiple donation fields? What if there is one donation field which only accumulates half of what the projected cost would be. Do I foot the bill? Do you refund the users? How long till any of those things go on.

I don't want to be a downer or anything but taking people's money for projects that are often times volatile is a really big step to take.

Well then dont use it for things such as Future projects and the like take it for what Some players would like at Present a new Layout like does suggest it seems to be appealing to you and Scare. So its a starting point see how it goes and work it from there. I mean as its a Donation its up to you guys to see what its best used on.

Main thing i wanted to reply to was if a project turned to 'Poo' lol xD well its a Donation from us to help keep things running and im pretty sure we are all AWARE that not everything will work out but we can work with what we are given no? I mean you could make a note that not all projects that Donations go to will be put to Public use at present as u still working on them due to what you guys tried to do with Flaming Balls (scares creating to counter that of BOS) At first it seemed promising and then it collapsed due to compatibility issues i mean that is understandable considering not everyone will run the Same Specs PC/Laptops or even the same Operating system so minor things like that would be understandable.

As for who controls what is spent on. Well at first due to 'Some' people would like a new layout i would suggest having a Voting section to see what the funds do go to and such for example.

Votes

1. New Layout/s depending if we have more than 1 or 2 have a public vote to see what the Community would appreciate and go with the majority.

2. Well we know you guys are still working on bringing some bots back but reworking most of the coding to do with detection systems we could have votes on what bots the community would like back realistic terms anyways.

3. After all the bots come back officially you would start to work on new types of bots/tools(SOS was a spur of the moment thing due to being released before some bots was brought back) Say People wanted an option to vote on a new bot they could have what we did for WFT considering the community did teach it to learn without having any clue what it was doing at first. Maybe even just a new algorithm to go with some of them to say we have a bot that can do DECENT (not the best) at present as a way to think well we have a bot that can do.. Say Forage. Yes there's many ways to do this You could build a bot for #1 or be able to do it enough so u can make your own profit from it but we could vote on if its algorithm or a self learning script

(to sum up what im saying on .3 is If its bots or tools we could have publicly made votes for the entire community to go with see what everyone would like cross it between them each and after every release to see if they still want the same types out or different types all together.

And its not as if u are being a Downer as the Money we Donate is really for you guys to have an easier time on it so its not that we HAVE to donate but its an optional choice that can benefit the community by getting new ideas out there faster with voting system so everyone on here has a say and such
    Last edited by xerio; 10-29-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by xerio View Post
    Well then dont use it for things such as Future projects and the like take it for what Some players would like at Present a new Layout like does suggest it seems to be appealing to you and Scare. So its a starting point see how it goes and work it from there. I mean as its a Donation its up to you guys to see what its best used on.
    While I agree that should be left up to us to determine if the community had no real say in it then it would be no different than you guys just buying a bot. I put a lot of that money back into bot supply.

Main thing i wanted to reply to was if a project turned to 'Poo' lol xD well its a Donation from us to help keep things running and im pretty sure we are all AWARE that not everything will work out but we can work with what we are given no? I mean you could make a note that not all projects that Donations go to will be put to Public use at present as u still working on them due to what you guys tried to do with Flaming Balls (scares creating to counter that of BOS) At first it seemed promising and then it collapsed due to compatibility issues i mean that is understandable considering not everyone will run the Same Specs PC/Laptops or even the same Operating system so minor things like that would be understandable.
    As well as a concept that sounds, people aren't content to know that they just paid money to something that failed. Regardless of if they understand it or not they will be really unhappy.

As for who controls what is spent on. Well at first due to 'Some' people would like a new layout i would suggest having a Voting section to see what the funds do go to and such for example.

Votes

1. New Layout/s depending if we have more than 1 or 2 have a public vote to see what the Community would appreciate and go with the majority.

2. Well we know you guys are still working on bringing some bots back but reworking most of the coding to do with detection systems we could have votes on what bots the community would like back realistic terms anyways.

3. After all the bots come back officially you would start to work on new types of bots/tools(SOS was a spur of the moment thing due to being released before some bots was brought back) Say People wanted an option to vote on a new bot they could have what we did for WFT considering the community did teach it to learn without having any clue what it was doing at first. Maybe even just a new algorithm to go with some of them to say we have a bot that can do DECENT (not the best) at present as a way to think well we have a bot that can do.. Say Forage. Yes there's many ways to do this You could build a bot for #1 or be able to do it enough so u can make your own profit from it but we could vote on if its algorithm or a self learning script

(to sum up what im saying on .3 is If its bots or tools we could have publicly made votes for the entire community to go with see what everyone would like cross it between them each and after every release to see if they still want the same types out or different types all together.

And its not as if u are being a Downer as the Money we Donate is really for you guys to have an easier time on it so its not that we HAVE to donate but its an optional choice that can benefit the community by getting new ideas out there faster with voting system so everyone on here has a say and such
    This just contradicts that it's our choice to decide what that money is spent on. If we in the end decide it where does the voting come in? What if the donators want something but we don't? Or what if we want something but the donators don't? Do donators have more say in community affairs than normal users?

I still think just buying a bot is the best way to help bot supply. It pays the coders who made it and I have more money and ability to put back into bot supply.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast