Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Activity Coupons

Lightbulb Activity Coupons

A great idea I've been thinking of are bot discounts for members who meet certain activity requirements.

For example. For the month of July you can set the coupon requirements to be:

- 60+ quality posts
    - At least 1 guide

Coupon = 20% off [Bot Name Here]

Maybe if in the future you really want to push the forums you can do big ones like

- Refer 5 new members
    - 100+ quality posts for the month
    - At least 3 guides

Coupon = 50% off any bot

This is not exactly how It should be I was just throwing out numbers so you all can see what I mean.

Hmm could be some issues with this though :s Plus, Face can't just be throwing out coupons to every Tom, Dick and Harry (So I assume).
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Bot Coder

How about you all pay the full price and be happy that it is so damn cheap and that we don't even charge extra for updates?

//siggy by Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    How about you all pay the full price and be happy that it is so damn cheap and that we don't even charge extra for updates?
    It's not about being cheap. Do you think stores have sales for no reason? The measly discount of 20% could be enough of an incentive for somebody to buy a bot that they never would have in the first place.

For some it's cheap and for some it isn't.

Casualty of War

Which is why occasionally there are sales on certain bots... no requirements needed...

Quote Originally Posted by SinCara View Post
    It's not about being cheap. Do you think stores have sales for no reason? The measly discount of 20% could be enough of an incentive for somebody to buy a bot that they never would have in the first place.
    I guess nobody told you that most of those "discounts" aren't actual discounts. You're paying full price, but they call it a discount because it makes the item more appealing.

Bot Coder

Of course it isn't cheap for eveybody. But neither is a BMW, should that make them sell their cars for less money? If you look at how much time is needed to code a bot and how much the coder gets for it that hardly ever exceeds $1/h. As you clearly can see we do not do this for the money, the money that is being asked is needed to pay for the thing to keep this site running. If we'd ask the wages a normal programmer earns the bots would cost like $200 each.

And discounts are good and nice but in average the final seller of the product makes 55-65% win with it. And before that also the manufacturers etc. have to make some money from it. If Face would start discounting stuff more he'd have to pay the bot devs less who are already now running on minimalistic wages.

Think about how much money you make with a bot and how many doubloons you could buy with it. If you think the doubloons are worth more than the bots, feel free to buy those instead of the bots. The generated "traffic" on this site would be of no quality as it would be forced, everybody would try to hit their discount criteria and that's it. On top nobody has time (or the right even) to see which posts qualify as qualitative good or not.

Once again, I recommend to stop selling bots for lifetime and make it a monthly subscription. Bot dev's would earn more money, officials here would earn more money and nobody could complain about stuff not working.

//siggy by Poseidon

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    officials here would earn more money
    Besides Face and coders, considering I have your idea of an "official" correct, we don't earn any money.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

I like this idea. Jack up the prices by 100%, then give them a 30% discount.

No, seriously though, if you really want to have such a discount on the bots, go make one yourself and sell it to Face. Then see how much you want Face to charge for the bots.
    Last edited by TheRigger; 06-27-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast