Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Forum-based currency

I don't know if anyone's ever been on logical gamers or similar boards, but they have a cash system in which users earn a tiny amount of virtual cash per non-spam post and can use their built up funds to trade with other users.
    I think a forum economy could significantly increase the ease of trading on and off-site goods.
    If the virtual cash were to equate to a dollar amount it could be used as an honor system for those who do not have access to paypal etc. to trade igc and accounts.
    Of course, this cash would be indefinitely held in the virtual economy, never to "cash out" to real money, making it a form of barter.

tl;dr
    People with paypal can buy/sell with cash, but people without are in a rut.
    This can be solved by providing a points-driven barter system.

stl;sdr
    smd

Administrator

Why would people want to sell their items for this "forum currency" if it can't be cashed out?
    Need to get in Contact with me?

As much as I want to give away all my POE to see a high number on my profile, I'll pass on this. This is a real market.
    Skype - wastedbro

Raz

Sorry but it this is up for community vote, I vote NO. No use, members should just get a paypal its not that hard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sobo View Post
    Why would people want to sell their items for this "forum currency" if it can't be cashed out?
    This took me a few minutes to decypher his post, but I kind of figured it and thought the same thing you did. At first I thought he wanted staff to go through every users post and pay them some percent of money for posting a non spam message, which made me confuzzled, then I read his point thing.

anyway, don't agree at this =c

Raz

Let's make a system where you like deposit a dollar in and then.... You get $1 back out. Genius I tell you.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Let's make a system where you like deposit a dollar in and then.... You get $1 back out. Genius I tell you.
    Then we would personally be liable for any chargebacks as they would come to us. Which at first wouldn't be that big of a problem, but as the site got bigger, larger trades would occur and the price of PoE a chargeback of anything over 2mil bought would start to stack up fast.
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Banned

I think you're all missing the point, with a barter system I could say make signatures for 100 points, save up 1000 and pay someone to code me a web page.
    This is ideal for small purchases where paypal becomes inefficient.
    Ever paid someone a dollar? The fee is 60 cents (in california)

Raz

Ever heard of Dwolla? Fee is $.25 whether you trade $5 or $50000000

I would like to see a forum currency but for more entertainment reasons.

Like you make a post you get 1 point..

You can maybe pay a few 100 points for a dynamic Bot Supply signature.. or special emblems maybe even some special backgrounds for there supply crate program.

Maybe even allow people to buy a day of VIP for some points...

Nothing to extreme just small rewards for dedication....

Maybe create an arcade with tournaments with points for prizes...

I dont know about you other guys but arcades always kept me on the forums but entertained when people arent posting.

This kinda thing would probably be far back on the list of things to do though if they ever did decide that they wanted a system like this. A new site needs to focus on more urgent manners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast