Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Mod team, Bots, and VIP

Administrator

Mod team, Bots, and VIP

First and foremost, I'd like to announce Scarecrow's retirement and resignation. You were one of the best moderators I've ever had the pleasure working with. It's sad to see you go, and I really hope the future holds brilliant things for you.

I'd also like to extend this to Tequilla, due to real life issues he's also had to retire.

As for manual mode bots, a lot of you have been wondering where everything has been in regards to this. As you may of assumed there have been some hold ups. To my current knowledge they have been decently well fixed and we should start to see some releases soon.

As for VIP members who are being charged and don't want to be or people who want more information regardless.

If you do not want to continue on with our current VIP as we don't have THAT much content out, cancel the charge. You will still have 30 days after what would of been the end of your VIP due to our extension onto your VIP for the month lost.

For people who want to stay VIP and continue on the charge, there will be another months extention until we can get a decent amount of content back to VIP. So lets suppose something absolutely horrible happens and it takes 3 months to do it and you stay on for all 3 months. Once there is content back you will have an extra 90 days of your VIP subscription.
    Sathion likes this.

Worlds Smallest ePeen

Will there be mods replacing them?

Ex-Staff Member

Since You have lost 2 Moderators, could I apply to become one? I check in daily, like to post and join into the fun and the important parts of this forum, as well as not having any bans/infractions on my record?
    I also do not complain about things like the bots being taken down but instead try and explain to the people who do complain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuson View Post
    Since You have lost 2 Moderators, could I apply to become one? I check in daily, like to post and join into the fun and the important parts of this forum, as well as not having any bans/infractions on my record?
    Trust plays a role in this as well. I'm pretty sure that there is no applications on becoming one either. They choose wisely.

Ex-Staff Member

I also do not complain about things like the bots being taken down but instead try and explain to the people who do complain.
    If the time arises where we need to hire more moderators, we will either alert the forum of a position opening or we will inwardly choose a moderator who we think will be good for the role. Until that point, don't worry about the loss of numbers, I'll deal with you all perfectly fine.
    Tequila, C.J and doubleuson like this.

Banned

Yay finally I can get away with things again.
    Kandor, Alienz and supern like this.

Ex-Staff Member

While we're on the subject of discussing Moderators, what ever was the difference between a 'Global Moderator' and your basic 'Moderator'. And then of course your 'Administrator'?

Banned

While we're on the subject of discussing Moderators, what ever was the difference between a 'Global Moderator' and your basic 'Moderator'. And then of course your 'Administrator'?
    Moderator- Make sure things are going quite good around the forums and no one is causing trouble. Has control to ban and announce as well. Also can give out infractions.

Global Moderator- Almost like an Admin of the website but can't do everything he wants to. He must discuss with the team on what he is planning to do. He can manage the forums as well as banning members and giving out infractions.

Admin- Kings of the site, they own and manage things their way. Have all the options on top + extra. They have the right to do anything basically.

Administrator

Moderators have very limited abilites which include: closing, deleting, and merging posts/threads and the ability to ban people.

Global Moderators get a hefty bit of abilities like forum creating posting announcements and some other back end stuff (and are included more or less with site decisions -- although really the whole team is) both gmods and mods get VIP access/free bots for their lifetime (unless they are demoting for something bad like scamming)

Admins are the people that own the site.
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Sad to see teq and scare retiring, havent had too many dealings with either of them but they are definitely some cool people. Good luck with life, you will be missed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast