Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Recent RAT'ing Problems

#Return

Recent RAT'ing Problems

Over the last month, there has been an increase is RAT problems.

For those of you who don't know, RAT stands for Remote Administrator Tool, it is a program that allows another person to remotely control your computer, every file and every function your computer has to offer. RAT's -- Wiki

The main person behind these RAT's has been someone by the name of KraddyYPP, or Kraddy. He use to be a member of Bot-Supply until he got caught for scamming another user, after that he has attempted to RAT our members and attempt to hack user accounts. He did this by creating a "Rumble Bot" which was not real, and by binding the RAT to that program and then crypting it to become undetectable. At Bot-Supply, I am proud to say (thanks to Sticky) that these threads were deleted, however, at E-Zhax and possibly Buypoe, people had a few hours to download this "Rumble Bot" or RAT and get infected. I believe he has a few people RAT'd, and he has even hacked Puzzle Pirates accounts through doing so.

RAT's are easily spreadable and in some cases are spread throughout Torrents, music, etc.

RAT's however, are really easy to avoid if you know how. So here's a few tips to avoid getting them, but also to remove them if you feel you may be at risk.

Avoiding Rats

- Don't download anything without the Moderators or Coders having verified it, even a trusted member or V.I.P on a website will turn around and decide to hack them. Don't download anything you think is "Too Good to be True" or which seems a bit suspicious. i.e. Rumble bot out of nowhere, etc. This is a pretty simple rule to follow, but I think a lot of people forget it.

Getting Rid of RAT's

-Having been in the situation of being RAT'd, you honestly get worried that all your files are in the hands of someone else. Fortunately I had someone to help me through it. If you feel like you have a RAT, run a virus scan and see what it comes up with, if you feel you are still at the possibility of being RAT'd (Remember, some RATs cannot be detected by Virus Scans) then you need to System Restore back to the point from before you downloaded the file, if you still feel unsafe. You need to reformat.

Staying Safe on the Interwebz

- Storing passwords in Internet Browsers is a bad idea, RAT's have the ability to Keylog everything and even steal information from webbrowers like Chrome, Firefox, I.E etc. Using a program like LastPass can greatly reduce the risk of having your passwords stolen.

- Buying a VPN, A lot of people don't realise what one can do with a simple I.P, you can basically hack a computer and destroy it just with an I.P, and they are quite easy to get from a Skype address. Using a VPN can hide your I.P address from anyone, or even forcing your Skype through a proxy can help. (Info Herez.) Together, a VPN + Virtual Machine, you are pretty much completely safe on the internet.

- Storing Important Information on an External Harddrive or another computer not connected to the internet. With a RAT, a person has complete control over your files, they can delete them, download them, and pretty much do whatever the hell they want with them. They can download another virus onto your computer and they pretty much have complete control over you. So if you have any information on your computer you don't want a random to see, don't have it on your computer.

If anyone thinks they are RAT'd, or have any suspicion that something is wrong with their computer, please do contact me via Skype, Email or PM's.

If you downloaded the "Rumble Bot" from E-Zhax or Buypoe; Reformat, A.S.A.P.

If you have someone trying to give you a suspicious .exe, please contact one of the staff members here so we can pass it onto our security expertz0r.

Thanks.

Worlds Smallest ePeen

Bro get with it, we got the full picture guide for hiding your IP on skype now.

Skype Proxy Guide - Imgur

edit: (sun)
    Last edited by HouseStepFan; 08-23-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Scarecrow likes this.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStepFan View Post
    Bro get with it, we got the full picture guide for hiding your IP on skype now.

Skype Proxy Guide - Imgur
    I was thinking about writing one, seeing as it's raining and there is no way I am going for a run now.

But that works! Thanks man. <3

Worlds Smallest ePeen

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I was thinking about writing one, seeing as it's raining and there is no way I am going for a run now.

But that works! Thanks man. <3
    I just randomly found that on twitter, so you might want to double check it, I will right now though

Banned

Thanks HSF (L)

Banned

If you ever get a RAT should you turn off your internet so it stops sending info to the haxors? :O
    and then remove it
    Last edited by Rage; 08-23-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Has anyone else noticed that all the hackers/scammers or whatever you would name them that have been banned recently have shown clear tell-tale signs in their intro threads, or generally just seemed odd (at least to me).

This was a give away in my book:

Quote Originally Posted by KraddyYPP View Post
    I am also fairly versed in a number of other things on a particular subject that I cannot name on this site as it is probably punishable by a ban, but if you are a member of staff and wish to know for your own personal reasons... Please PM me.

Thank you, KraddyYPP.
    But thanks for the information nonetheless. Scarecrow4King.

VIP Member

Actually at e-z we found the few who downloaded it which was only 3 one of them is clean the others are not regular users and we could not get in touch with.
    Phoenix likes this.

AVG / Malware Bytes / Peer Blocker / Key Scrambler / Sanboxie / Knowledge of Viruses of all sorts and what to download and what not to download makes you 99% Safe.

VIP Member

Stating that all you can do is reformat if you feel unsafe is not the correct solution. there are people on Hackforums who would be happy to help you with any RATs that you may have on your computer.

Reformatting is a last resort solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    AVG / Malware Bytes / Peer Blocker / Key Scrambler / Sanboxie / Knowledge of Viruses of all sorts and what to download and what not to download makes you 99% Safe.
    AVG is bad as is. ESET NODE32 is much better, and cheaper at that. Slap on a Comodo firewall, and you've got it.

But Antivirus software is worthless is the person behind the computer is senseless.
    If you have any business with me, feel free to add me on skype 'waterlesswell'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast