Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By el extremo

Thread: Scam Awareness

Banned

Scam Awareness

I'm going to start by saying I hope before you trade that you check this out, It'll save you some money possibly.

Trust- I've scammed nearly 3 people for over $500 by simply trust. Each time it was accounts with 0 posts and 0 feedback, I talked to them long enough they decided I'm "legit" and to be trusted, and in the end, I scammed them.

Middleman- Always use one you think is trusted, have them send you a PM and then you reply and ask them to repeat the message so your 100% positive your talking with the right person, and not a imposter. I've scammed nearly $1000 with this method.

About fake wagering, it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I had someone to wager me a familiar and I had one up and I was supposed to "overbuild" while I actually purposely won. Not sure how to avoid these but I guess a middleman would solve that pretty simple.

Stat services- This is something major, and I want to tell you why you shouldn't get them. It's cool to have high stats for some people, but they can't get them, so they decide to pay for them. What I did is make a near identical email to what they have and change it. It never failed, but that's not all, they can actually stay on the login page for numerous hours, so when they changed their password I was still at the page and could change it myself. This was used three times, one being a "100K scam" that people laughed at, but what people didn't see was the monkey and ships he had hid as he did the services. I would of had it but Imchance ruined it =p.

Teamviewer- Nearly scammed 50M by this, so yeah, be careful with it. Follow some guides to set it up but you want to change your incoming connection to settings such as confirm all or denied, as a user viewing can disable remote control and even reboot your PC or turn your screen off by this.

Fake programs- Never download a program said to be a "beta version of a new bot," as it is most likely not, and is a virus. I never fully used this, but you can see it in the next thread.

Booting- If you DC from someone, don't rewage, don't give out your skype unless using the proxy setup as Scarecrow has posted or if your giving out to a good friend, unless you don't wage it's not a big issue.

I think this is the main parts of what I used, so just be careful.
    Mehfailz x3 likes this.

Banned

Scamming in game shit like items and stuff is fine, but only because people are stupid enough to fall for the stupid scams. But everything you listed up there was stealing, not scamming.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    Scamming in game shit like items and stuff is fine, but only because people are stupid enough to fall for the stupid scams. But everything you listed up there was stealing, not scamming.
    I disagree, scamming in game is still wrong, not "fine".

Yes, they are stealing, Hell Unicorn has tried justifying stealing to me over Skype. Yes, I want these guys gone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I disagree, scamming in game is still wrong, not "fine".

Yes, they are stealing, Hell Unicorn has tried justifying stealing to me over Skype. Yes, I want these guys gone.
    I should have worded that differently, sorry I just woke up. Scamming virtual items and things like that IS "scamming" but what they did is stealing, and as he said himself he stole money and PoE which there is quite a market for.

But let's be honest, we've all been scammed before in games, I know when I was like eleven years old and playing MapleStory I would lose items every other day, but that was for stupidity I mean I haven't lost anything in a game for years now. That's why I said that it was "fine". Unless they're doing dirty things like this IP booting stuff, that's no ones fault really.

Edit: That still doesn't sound right, disregard everything I've said and I'm going back to bed.

Worlds Smallest ePeen

I'm pretty sure he was responsible for like 95% of scams anyways lol