Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: (Read) - Why BoS is not working

Administrator

(Read) - Why BoS is not working

Okai so there have been many many many threads about BoS being broken the past week or so.

I'm quite tired of having to repeat myself over and over again as to why it's broke so I'll say it one more time in this thread

BoS is broke because OOO changed something (i'm assuming) with the tool tip icon thingy for the Gunnery station. (this guy here: ) and it will no longer detect the part of it it is looking for. (a tiny part of this guy here )

A temporary fix for this is to scroll down the list of cannons and select the gun type you are wanting to gun on. Note: Leave "Manual Selection" unchecked.

Why need to leave Manual Selection unchecked and why will it work for the other options?

Because Manual Selection option searches for part of the gunnery icon while the specific gun type options search for part of the gun itself.

So that should fix the problems with BoS for now until we can release the new version of BoS (it's pretty awesome so far)

Thanks!

ps - the part about OOO changing something is completely an opinion of mine, however I'm 99.9% sure that's the cause. It's also a speculation of it detecting part of the tool tip, Flash may come and correct me at some point... regardless leaving it unchecked does fix the issue.
    Scarecrow and jowsey666666 like this.
    Need to get in Contact with me?

yaya!!! wait... a new bos? like better or just with that bug fix?

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by rikkimartin View Post
    yaya!!! wait... a new bos? like better or just with that bug fix?
    Pretty big update its a thread about it somewhere

Banned

There is a pretty big update that has been planned (and finished) for like half a year now, I'm sure you've all heard about the .net compatibility issues it's having. I know that flashbang had found a solution to the problem but that also died down quickly. If I were to take a guess I'd say that they will try to get this one problem fixed first, and then focus on releasing the new BoS.

Administrator

Nah, Notion found the issue (and fixed) it with the newer version of BoS. So now it's just down to the final stages..
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Banned

What a champ then.

this update would be free to people who have the old one? you are not gonna create a new gunning bot right? :S

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Endl3ss View Post
    this update would be free to people who have the old one? you are not gonna create a new gunning bot right? :S
    Verb : Make (something) more modern or up to date.

Adjective : Not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time: "new crop varieties".

I don't know how else to make myself clear... It's an update for Balls of Steel, No you won't have to pay for it...
    Retto and Phrixion like this.

Just like to thank all of you for the work you put t'words these bots...
    you guys get bitched at enough i figure ya'll deserve some thanks, i'm sure you guys have probably put thousands of hours creating, testing, and then helping us with the problems we encounter.
    thank-you-cat-meme-generator-ntaaawwww-fank-you-really-much-5bb7cf.jpg
    loomo10, rikkimartin and Retto like this.

can't wait! man its like the evolution era atm... new bots coming out monthly :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast