Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    iceblaz3 is offline

    Posts
    141

    VPN doesnt prevent ban evasion

    I've got banned before, so I untainted and used a VPN + changed MAC address + changed computer username. Didn't work, still got banned for ban evasion. Sucks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Daltonc is offline

    Posts
    126
    Use a better VPN mate
    Vouch for me here
    l
    V

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    iceblaz3 is offline

    Posts
    141
    ExpressVPN Premium

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    WatchMeWin is offline

    Posts
    854
    some vpns have been used by poe sellers a lot and almost all the IPs they offer have been tainted and will get you banned.
    new life, who this

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    iceblaz3 is offline

    Posts
    141
    So...Allow me to take a guess here.

    I can remain safe on PP using a VPN, preferably unassuming ones, on a computer that has been tainted (But Untainted using the BS tool). I don't have to change computers, because PP can only track via IP? If anyone has a more detailed explanation of how PP detects, please explain.

    I've lost 4m PoE and 3 accounts all semi-elite's.....I'm looking to return to PP because I still love it although I have lost a lot of $ enjoying the game.

  6. #6
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblaz3 View Post
    So...Allow me to take a guess here.

    I can remain safe on PP using a VPN, preferably unassuming ones, on a computer that has been tainted (But Untainted using the BS tool). I don't have to change computers, because PP can only track via IP? If anyone has a more detailed explanation of how PP detects, please explain.

    I've lost 4m PoE and 3 accounts all semi-elite's.....I'm looking to return to PP because I still love it although I have lost a lot of $ enjoying the game.
    There is never a guarantee of staying unbanned unless you;

    1. Buy a new computer/reformat your existing one completely.
    2. Buy a new modem AND Internet Service Provider.
    3. Don't buy accounts or bot and play legit.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Papaoutai is offline

    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    There is never a guarantee of staying unbanned unless you;

    1. Buy a new computer/reformat your existing one completely.
    2. Buy a new modem AND Internet Service Provider.
    3. Don't buy accounts or bot and play legit.
    This is incorrect. You do not need to buy a new modem and/or get a new ISP.
    Neither do you need to reformat your PC, though it is probably a good idea since it doesn't take that long and removes every trace of YPP.

    Simply get a new IP address and untaint your current PC. This will guarantee you stay unbanned (providing you don't break any rules after).
    There is no way YPP's ban system is more sophisticated than a simple mac address taint/IP check. That's all it is.

  8. #8
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Papaoutai View Post
    This is incorrect. You do not need to buy a new modem and/or get a new ISP.
    Neither do you need to reformat your PC, though it is probably a good idea since it doesn't take that long and removes every trace of YPP.

    Simply get a new IP address and untaint your current PC. This will guarantee you stay unbanned (providing you don't break any rules after).
    There is no way YPP's ban system is more sophisticated than a simple mac address taint/IP check. That's all it is.
    Hah. This will be good.


    There is no guarantee with YPP unless you act as if there's a whole new person. YPP doesn't care, they'll ban you on any suspicion. But just for the purposes of going through the actual process...

    1. YPP writes a hash.dat file which they check exists before you're even untainted. So you need to delete that.
    2. Lets not forget the registry keys.

    Both 1 & 2 Bot-Supply untainter will do for you.

    3. Change your MAC address, yes you're correct. It most likely checks your MAC address.
    4. Change your IP. VPN is a possibility, however stupid, these days almost every free VPN will be tainted (and majority of HMAs I'm led to believe). In changing your IP, you still remain with the same ISP (You can lookup what ISP you have given the IP... ) and YPP can even detect if you're running a VPN (Surprise Surprise!)



    5. Who are you to say YPP DOESN'T check your router's MAC address. Sure it's not probable, but it's possible, what you said isn't a guarantee. It's actually quite simple to do with code, here's a quick google; web applications - Java get uuid or mac address from client - Stack Overflow (Run it silently in the background, gg). Also, I'm not a lawyer, but it clearly states in their Terms and Conditions that they can get your HWID too.
    You hereby consent to the extraction of hardware system profile data and any data related to operation of the software from any computer that logs on to the Site, Services or Games using your account.
    6. You're right, you don't need to reformat, but it's probably better than taking a risk that YPP has looked into more ways trying to detect ban evaders that no one is really sure about.

    YPP can literally just about take any information from you.

    Regardless, In summary, you're method is nowhere near a guarantee.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Gabriel Brizon is offline

    Posts
    168
    I've played banned for 1 year and I sold the account and the user who purchased the account hasn't been banned. Note: I don't use VPN, Only the Tmac. I don't know if it helps, but I'm told that if you buy Dubs with $ helps you don't get banned. if you do not tell anyone and dont do things that might have to ban you certainly will not be banned. Sorry english.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Papaoutai is offline

    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Hah. This will be good.


    There is no guarantee with YPP unless you act as if there's a whole new person. YPP doesn't care, they'll ban you on any suspicion. But just for the purposes of going through the actual process...

    1. YPP writes a hash.dat file which they check exists before you're even untainted. So you need to delete that.
    2. Lets not forget the registry keys.

    Both 1 & 2 Bot-Supply untainter will do for you.

    3. Change your MAC address, yes you're correct. It most likely checks your MAC address.
    4. Change your IP. VPN is a possibility, however stupid, these days almost every free VPN will be tainted (and majority of HMAs I'm led to believe). In changing your IP, you still remain with the same ISP (You can lookup what ISP you have given the IP... ) and YPP can even detect if you're running a VPN (Surprise Surprise!)



    5. Who are you to say YPP DOESN'T check your router's MAC address. Sure it's not probable, but it's possible, what you said isn't a guarantee. It's actually quite simple to do with code, here's a quick google; web applications - Java get uuid or mac address from client - Stack Overflow (Run it silently in the background, gg). Also, I'm not a lawyer, but it clearly states in their Terms and Conditions that they can get your HWID too.


    6. You're right, you don't need to reformat, but it's probably better than taking a risk that YPP has looked into more ways trying to detect ban evaders that no one is really sure about.

    YPP can literally just about take any information from you.

    Regardless, In summary, you're method is nowhere near a guarantee.
    Telling people to go buy a new router (or modem) and change ISP is unnecessary. Most companies also allow you to connect your own router (that is if the router you are provided with is locked). You can easily change the MAC address of the router in a few steps this way.

    I'm sure you can view the MAC address of the router easily from a computer (arp - a in Windows/Unix/Mac), I already know this, I'm just saying it's highly unlikely and there isn't much evidence of them checking router addresses because coincidentally everytime you get a new router 9/10 times your IP changes - how do we know YPP is tracking the router address or the IP? What's more likely? Probably the IP.

    And no, nothing is a guarantee - neither is your method, you could be reassigned an IP by chance that an old evader used if you're really unlucky. And of course, evaders have this odd habit of breaking rules, funnily enough. 1/2 of staying unbanned is not being a moron too.

    Doesn't need to be so complicated, that's all.

    Also: Tracking by ISP is absurd. Millions of people use the same ISP. It's not a unique identifier so I have no idea why they would ban you on that basis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •