Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Kraken SMH Screenshot

Exclamation The Kraken SMH Screenshot

If any of you are decently interested in what the new "Kraken SMH" looks like that is being bug tested on Ice here is a screenshot I took while on one alittle while ago. If you guys want to see further just ask and I can release some more screenshots. Enjoy! Let me know what you think!

Quote is posted by Temper -Thanks

So I played for a little and basically this is what i gathered.
    You enter the game in a flotilla like board and there is a kraken in the middle and kraken tentacles floating around

You get to select from one of the following ships

Rowboat - 3 moves per turn. Can carry chests/eggs and ink.
    Bumper Boat - 2 moves per turn. Can take more damage than other boats. Can carry chests/eggs and ink.
    Chum Boat - 3 moves per turn. Can drop chum onto the board. Chum within range will attract and distract tentacles. Can carry chests/eggs and ink.
    Harpoon Boat - 3 moves per turn. Can periodically fire a harpoon. Hitting a tentacle with a harpoon will cause it to drop ink onto the board. Can carry ink. Cannot carry treasure chests/eggs.
    Powder Boat - 3 moves per turn. Can periodically drop powder kegs into the water. Anything running over a powder keg, including tentacles or rowboats will be blown up and sunk. Cannot carry any treasure chests/eggs or ink.
    Speed Boat - 4 moves per turn. Can take less damage than other boats. Can carry chests/eggs and ink.

You move these ships around and land them on the chests on the board, when you land on the chest it goes in your inventory and you have to take it back to the safezone.
    When you sink the ship(which is very easy to do) it costs you 500 PoE to respawn with a new ship.

You can also collect eggs and ink.

At the moment when you collect 30 inks you can trade them in for a KB so the inks will probably be worth less than 1k.
    (it may or may not be confirmed that when you sink a tentacle ink comes out)

Right now on the ice test sever there no item reward besides some old swords and stuff that are quite uncommon.

Right now there are multiple reports that you are only in for 2 Rounds (or 30 minutes, 15 minute rounds) Before being kicked from the board and being forced to get a new board spawn

Any other things that i didn't cover feel free to answer it.

TL;DR
    Going to be a money Sink SMH
    Last edited by Daltonc; 06-07-2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Added more images.
    Vouch for me here
    l
    V

Would be cool if you could write a 5 second tutorial on how the game play works and stuff for those of us without ice access.
    new life, who this

I will once I play it alittle more this is only the second one I have been on and the first on bugged out.

- - - Updated - - -

Working on posting more screenshots for you guys stayed tuned.
    Vouch for me here
    l
    V

So I played for a little and basically this is what i gathered.
    You enter the game in a flotilla like board and there is a kraken in the middle and kraken tentacles floating around

You get to select from one of the following ships

Rowboat - 3 moves per turn. Can carry chests/eggs and ink.
    Bumper Boat - 2 moves per turn. Can take more damage than other boats. Can carry chests/eggs and ink.
    Chum Boat - 3 moves per turn. Can drop chum onto the board. Chum within range will attract and distract tentacles. Can carry chests/eggs and ink.
    Harpoon Boat - 3 moves per turn. Can periodically fire a harpoon. Hitting a tentacle with a harpoon will cause it to drop ink onto the board. Can carry ink. Cannot carry treasure chests/eggs.
    Powder Boat - 3 moves per turn. Can periodically drop powder kegs into the water. Anything running over a powder keg, including tentacles or rowboats will be blown up and sunk. Cannot carry any treasure chests/eggs or ink.
    Speed Boat - 4 moves per turn. Can take less damage than other boats. Can carry chests/eggs and ink.

You move these ships around and land them on the chests on the board, when you land on the chest it goes in your inventory and you have to take it back to the safezone.
    When you sink the ship(which is very easy to do) it costs you 500 PoE to respawn with a new ship.

You can also collect eggs and ink.

At the moment when you collect 30 inks you can trade them in for a KB so the inks will probably be worth less than 1k.
    (it may or may not be confirmed that when you sink a tentacle ink comes out)

Right now on the ice test sever there no item reward besides some old swords and stuff that are quite uncommon.

Right now there are multiple reports that you are only in for 2 Rounds (or 30 minutes, 15 minute rounds) Before being kicked from the board and being forced to get a new board spawn

Any other things that i didn't cover feel free to answer it.

TL;DR
    Going to be a money Sink SMH

Can you see friends on the same map?
    What are eggs...?
    Are there different "levels" of treasure chest?
    Also 500 poe might start to get a little high.

Also do you need to puzzle to generate moves? If not this finally removes the elitist mentality.
    new life, who this

Added more images.
    Vouch for me here
    l
    V

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMeWin View Post
    Can you see friends on the same map?
    What are eggs...?
    Are there different "levels" of treasure chest?
    Also 500 poe might start to get a little high.

Also do you need to puzzle to generate moves? If not this finally removes the elitist mentality.

You can only see the people you entered with on the ship you jobbed for.

No one knows right now exactly what the eggs do (someone said possible for new familiar UNCONFIRMED)

The different levels of chest are showed in his picture, they get harder to get to the last check is about halfway back the map.

500 Poe is a lot and it may not stay that much.

You do not need to puzzle at all the only puzzle you need to do is Bnav

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daltonc View Post

That black stuff is ink if you land on it you get ink 30 of them make a KB

Also you don't need to haul the treasure you just need to land on it

Hm interesting I do know there is some monster that will pop out of the water and attack you as it happened to me. Thanks for the explanation.
    Vouch for me here
    l
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Daltonc View Post
    Hm interesting I do know there is some monster that will pop out of the water and attack you as it happened to me. Thanks for the explanation.
    The tentacles spawn Randomly sometimes

Overall I have to say atm it's really really buggy so it's hard to tell if it will be worth it or even if its fun. At leased they are actually attempting to add new things to the game...
    Vouch for me here
    l
    V

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast