Gambling 'Crew' on Puzzle Pirates

Hey Guys I have an idea and would like your opinions on it!

Runescape use to have a thing called 'Gambling' in game which consisted of, a host and two betters. The host would be trusted with the gold whilst the betters would roll or plant flowers to determine the winner. The host would pay the winner the amount minus 10% commish. This is commission hosing.

Another type of hosting on Runescape was 60x2 host which was better vs host where the odds were slighly in the hosts favor. The host would hold the cash and either payout or keep his winnings.

What would you think if I was interested in creating a similar type of gambling in puzzle pirates. For players who are ok at games but are sick of losing BANK on the poker tables.

My idea:

I would create a crew (myself being the captain) and co-owners being SO's. The Pirate, Officer and Fleet Officer ranks would be open for offical 'Hosts' of the gambling game. Each host would have to earn the captain/co-owners trust and pay a buyin fee (to ensure they do not scam). From there we would have a WF advertising for jobbers 24/7 which would be where our gambling game would take place. The players would job for our crew and bet on our ranks.

I am not to sure on what we would do to ensure 50/50 odds or how we would gamble, but I would be able to find this out very quickly.

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Bottah
    Last edited by Bottah; 04-10-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Ex-Staff Member

You've got a pretty risky plan there. One thing you'd really have to consider is how to prove to the general public of PP that you aren't rigging the games because in a situation like this it is far too easy to. Is there something you could do which is a random output that players can see to avoid rigging of the game? That also puts out the issue of who'd be trusted enough to run the game and take other people's money.

This still needs a lot of thinking through, but I like your general idea.

Note: Dark blue looks terrible in bulk writing on this site due to black background. I would change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    You've got a pretty risky plan there. One thing you'd really have to consider is how to prove to the general public of PP that you aren't rigging the games because in a situation like this it is far too easy to. Is there something you could do which is a random output that players can see to avoid rigging of the game? That also puts out the issue of who'd be trusted enough to run the game and take other people's money.

This still needs a lot of thinking through, but I like your general idea.

Note: Dark blue looks terrible in bulk writing on this site due to black background. I would change it.
    Yes I understand that a lot of aspects still need to be figured out. But this was just a starting point to see if there would be any interest and to gain a general consensus on the idea.

Ps. Changed the colour

Well, I don't think posting this on bot-supply was very bright, you should of posted this on the Puzzle Pirates forum page.
    Sounds fun, but certainly needs a substantial amount of more thought.