Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Competitions for colored fams

Competitions for colored fams

The bots can't do big combos, is there a secret to winning?

Run

There are many secrets to winning. I may or may not have won one or more. These are some of the best methods.
    1.) Catch a stroke of luck with the bots.
    2.) Puzzle up to the highest incred you can get on a sloop before hitting LPs.
    3.) Be naturally talented.
    4.) Be bad at the puzzles but practice until you're good enough.
    5.) Bribe everyone on the ocean. I'm sure that will work.

Hope I helped.
    Run

Ex-Staff Member

On a serious note, you have to attain all-round high incredibles in every one of the puzzles, this will significantly improve your chances over someone who does only one or two puzzles.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

I've won bilge comps with poseidon, there is better ways than doing navy but I won one with navy when I was in a hurry

Run

Usually there is that one (or two) person(s) that is(are) literally balls to the wall gifted and get(s) all around increds, but it is usually pretty obvious that the people high on the competition list are also botters. I'm not naming any names, but there are those people that make it blatantly obvious that they bot. So much so, that it pains me to watch them. Only a little judgmental...

-Run

I believe the bots are made this way so they're not 'game breaking'. To win with bots, you have to be lucky.
    Face and Run like this.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

then i guess the big name bilgers weren't on. I puzzled for 5 hours and only got third when and the top 3 weren't even online for 4 hours.

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by RumpusMcPlumpus View Post
    then i guess the big name bilgers weren't on. I puzzled for 5 hours and only got third when and the top 3 weren't even online for 4 hours.
    The best of the best just need to build themselves up to attain a few really good incredibles for the others to chase, often takes them 30-45 mins to puzzle then they go and do other things.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Captain Medals

There are actually abusive methods to win every single competition. In addition, the scoring is rigged as well - there used to be a forum entry (can't find it atm) about it where f.e a lower score got placed first. [ Geologist and other superpuzzlers started it]
    Furthermore most puzzles like Sailing/Bilging got a score cap which is pretty easy to reach, hence why places 1-5# are all the more or the less random.
    Face likes this.
    Who do you think you are?

Captain Medals

Ah, after a deeper research I finally found the threads I talked about earlier.
    Here they are:

bit.ly/OMosPY

bit.ly/N6geAB

# Like my post, now!
    Who do you think you are?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast