Ex-Staff Member

Welcome To The First Stage In The New Puzzle Pirates

Some of you may have read the forum post of that guy who founded OOO (Daniel James) where he has announced that they are working on making Puzzle Pirates available to 'other devices' such as tablets and possibly iPhones. This will probably bring more traffic into there so I was thinking, maybe you guys should make an app that has Puzzle Pirates embedded within it (once they release theirs) and you can tailor-make the bots to work on the app. Or something like that to increase customer flow and a new challenge for coders and members alike to discuss ways for going forward with botting once the apps come out.

Here's the link: Puzzle Pirates Forums - View Thread - Puzzle Pirates coming to tablet!

Enjoy,
    Double
    Last edited by doubleuson; 02-23-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Correcting Errors
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuson View Post
    Some of you may have read the forum post of that guy who founded OOO (Daniel James) where he has announced that they are working on making Puzzle Pirates available to 'other devices' such as tablets and possibly iPhones. This will probably bring more traffic into there so I was thinking, maybe you guys should make an app that has Puzzle Pirates embedded within it (once they release theirs) and you can tailor-make the bots to work on the app. Or something like that to increase customer flow and a new challenge for coders and members alike to discuss ways for going forward with botting once the apps come out.

Here's the link: Puzzle Pirates Forums - View Thread - Puzzle Pirates coming to tablet!

Enjoy,
    Double
    Food for thought; Why would we go into making bots for an app when the game will always primarily be PC-based. It's a lot easier to bot on a computer, let's face it. As for embedding their game into our bot app, thing. Just no, that's extremely illegal especially if we plan on selling the app. Bots will 99.99% stay PC-based, Face and I actually discussed this, this afternoon. Sure, if other people want to do it - go for it. But I highly doubt it will be something Bot-Supply as a company will participate in. Sorry to cut you down right before speculation starts.

(Honestly, if it brings more people to the game, it will also attract people to play on the PC as Tablet will never compare to PC gaming, hence they will move to playing YPP on the PC, hence more people looking for bots, in the end it's a win and we won't waste the time finding coders to work on apps... besides.... Who wants to buy a fucking mac to code for apple anyway.)

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Tablet will never compare to PC gaming, hence they will move to playing YPP on the PC
    "The tablet version is the full game and players will be intermingled with desktop players" - Cleaver (link)

There won't be that much difference it seems. Still minor HCI issues with puzzles like sailing (keyboard input).

Considering that the PC version has been seeing a pretty strong decline, there is a slight chance that this tablet version could bring it back on a new rush. That is if it goes viral.