Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Evasion made foolproof (Complete guide with pictures)

Banned

Evasion made foolproof (Complete guide with pictures)

Evasion made foolproof (Complete guide with pictures)

To evade properly, you have to have a good knowledge of how YPP uses certain information to ban you. The main culprits are IP, MAC address, registry keys and username (e.g C:\Users\John). As long as all of these have been changed, the chances of getting banned are very slim. I will explain each step in much more detail here, and include a tutorial on how to use a VM for extra security.

Since a lot of people buy PoE here, you basically don't want to use any methods such as trading, shack/chest method or /pay. These methods carry the highest ban percentage rates. You should instead use alternatives like poker, private tournaments and wagering which have lower ban rates. It is never completely safe to buy PoE from anyone, so always be careful.

A lot of people also get their stats raised by people on here. I find that a lot of these people often get banned soon after, or at a later date because the stat raiser was evading and not untainting properly before raising your stats. So before buying stats be cautious of the seller and make sure they are keeping your account secure and know how to untaint or use a VPN. Do not let someone just log onto your account without knowing what they are doing to keep you from getting banned.

You should follow all the steps and read the whole guide before attempting to play again. Using a VM is not mandatory, but reformatting your computer is 100% recommended.

1) Step one: Reformat or use a VM (Virtual Machine)

First thing you'd want to do after you get banned is to completely wipe your HDD/SSD of all files that YPP could have placed on your computer. For most operating systems, this is simply just re-inserting the installation disc and installing a new, fresh copy of Windows/Linux/Mac/whatever. You should not keep any old files on your system. Use a different username (Instead of your real name, i.e John, just use Aahuaiufhwiauf) or even a different primary partition (e.g D:\ instead of C:\).

The second thing you could do, if you're not willing to reformat your PC, is use a VM. A VM (Virtual Machine) is basically virtualizing a "fake" PC inside your current PC. This method provides similar (or even better) security as it will appear you are running YPP from a completely different PC (the one that is being virtualized by your current PC). Using a VM is not essential to staying unbanned and not always the best method - it is simply for people who want to go the extra mile to stop getting banned.

To setup a VM, you'll have to download some virtualization software:

Oracle VM Virtualbox (Free & recommended): https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
    VMware Workstation (Paid, smoother performance and more features): VMware Workstation: Run Multiple OS, Linux, Windows 8 & More
    Parallels (Paid, great for Mac users): Virtualization & Automation Solutions for Desktops, Servers, Hosting, SaaS

To create a VM, you will need an OS installation disc OR an ISO image file for an operating system. Unfortunately this site will not allow me to post third-party links to these types of material so you will have to find this yourself. I recommend that you run Windows XP Professional SP3 for the best performance (Windows 7 will run slow on most systems, Linux/Mac OSX has compatibility issues). You can find an ISO image file easily on the internet (hint: torrents!).

Setting up the VM with Oracle VM Virtualbox:

1) Startup Oracle VM Virtualbox. Click the "Create.." button to start the process. Give your VM a random name and follow the on-screen dialogue boxes:

2) Step two: Change the MAC address of your network card

This step is pretty simple and straightforward, except a few people sometimes mess it up. Use the free software provided here: Technitium MAC Address Changer v6 (FREEWARE) to change your MAC address easily. You can find similar software/guides for a Mac online.

The picture above pretty much explains how to change your MAC address properly. Make sure it says "Changed" in the network adapter list. It is good practise to change it for every adapter (e.g if you have both an ethernet and wireless connection, change them both). After this you can close TMAC and uninstall it if you wish.

IF you are using a VM you will also need to change the MAC address of that, so click the orange "Setings" button in Oracle VM Virtualbox:

3) Step three: Change your IP or use a VPN

Big, important step here that a lot of people miss. Just because you've changed your MAC and removed a few files doesn't mean you're fully untainted. The OM's can still see your IP everytime you connect to the game, and will use this information against you to get you banned. Changing your IP can be quite a complex process as there are quite a lot of methods that an ISP (Internet Service Provider) can use to assign you one, here's a list of things you could try:

1) Restart your router/modem. A lot of people just have dynamic IP addresses that change everytime they reboot their equipment. If you're one of these lucky people, go ahead and try changing your IP this way. (What Is My IP Address | Shows Your IP Address to check before and after).

2) Leave your router/modem offline for the night. Sometimes your ISP will not reassign your IP straight away but after a while of inactivity. Try this and see if it works for you.

3) Phone up your ISP. Make up some stuff about someone ddosing you or someone publicly posting your IP, you have to be convincing and make them believe there is no choice but to change your IP. People have had mixed success with this one, particularly because most customer service lines are just reading from a script. Ask if you can be forwarded to someone more technical or with more knowledge about IP's if you are having limited success. Threatening to disconnect or cancel your service can actually be an effective technique too (The customer, you, normally has the high ground here).

3) You can force a new IP by changing your router's MAC address (not to be confused with your computer network card's MAC!). Enter the administration panel of your router. Don't know what the hell that is? Look at this .pdf file and find your router manufacturer: http://www.answersthatwork.com/Downl..._addresses.pdf

Once you have that, you'll need to locate the "MAC Address" setting in your router administration panel. This is different for every manfuacturer, and can sometimes be quite a struggle to find. Some routers do not support this function (If you have a combined router/modem, you will have to put it in modem only mode and connect it to a router) but most routers do. Here is a picture of what the setting looks like:

The "Clone" function is just copying your current PC's MAC address into your router. You can either randomize the digits yourself or clone it - both will hopefully trigger a new IP (make sure the digits are changed though). After you have done this your internet will normally stop working and you will have to reboot your router AND modem. Check if your IP has changed.

Generally buying a new router will have the same effect too, this can be useful if your router is locked in terms of changing the MAC address. Combined router/modems are particularly nasty with this and limit you from doing more technical things.

4) If all of those steps have failed, it's likely that you'll have to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network). A VPN is like a huge proxy that covers your entire internet usage and so it will temporarily change your IP when you are connected to it. It will assign you a unique IP that you can use while playing YPP, preventing YPP from using your original, unchanged IP to ban you for evasion. You can use the software on your VM or on your current PC - it works for Windows, Linux and Mac users. For this option I will reccomend using HMA (HideMyAss) Pro VPN from the following website: VPN Service - Encrypt your internet connection - Hide My Ass! Pro VPN

The main advantage of HMA is the large amount of servers and possible IP's it has. It also has unlimited bandwidth so you can surf the web and do anything you normally would without any problems. It costs around $11 a month (sometimes lower, sometimes higher) and I would say it is the best value VPN you can get. It's not the only VPN service out there, so feel free to look around the web for something you might find more useful for your needs. Stay away from CyberGhost (I hear the IP's have been heavily tainted there).

Here's a picture of HMA VPN in use:

That is as simple as it gets. It will just change your IP everytime you connect to it. It has servers in pretty much every country, so you'll always have a good internet speed while using it.

4) Step four: Reinstalling YPP and playing smart

After you've done all these steps and are sure your IP has been changed AND your computer is clean with a changed MAC address, go ahead and install YPP on your computer. You should immediately get the option to create a new pirate once installation has finished. Go ahead and also create your pirate, but remember:

• Do not use the same e-mail you used on your last account.
    • If you are purchasing doubloons, do not use the same payment method.
    • Do not immediately contact your old friends and tell them who you are.
    • Do not immediately get your stats all raised very high.
    • Do not use automatic bots, stick with the manual ones.
    • Do not go and buy yourself lots of PoE.
    • Always check your VPN is connected before starting YPP. (If you have one)
    • Do not account share or give your password to someone else.
    • Do not /w your old pirates, act suspicious or draw attention to yourself.
    • Avoid contact with the OM's at all costs. Do not /complain, petition or query them in any way.

A lot of this is just common sense, but a lot of people don't really see how easy they could get banned if they just let a little bit of their old identity slip. You need to be cautious at all times and play carefully. You should establish your pirate (i.e play for a few weeks unbanned) before doing things like buying poe, getting your stats raised and engaging in all these illicit activites which could just get you banned again if you're not careful.

That's all I can think of. I hope this guide was somewhat helpful to people. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or just post it here. I also might have made a few mistakes in the guide so feel free to point them out and criticise.
    Last edited by Collision; 02-21-2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Few url errors fixed, added section on buying poe/stat raisers

Banned

*makes virtual machine, creates new account*
    *doesn't do anything than creating account*
    *gets banned after trying to log in 5 minutes later*

The only thing I have not tried is getting an HMA. I dont want to pay for one if I will get banned anyways, any ideas? People seem to report a lot when losing wagers to me -.- and thats probably the only reason I sf >.<

Well stop cheating if you SF. I evade all the time. Comes with testing bots. You just have to be smart. Change things up all the time. I often only have to use bot-supplies built in untainter and I can go for a while. I do not create a new VM and I don't use a vpn. I am just that good I guess.

Bot Coder

I would like to add that you don't need to change your MAC / that it doesn't help anyway as it a) is hardware and b) the only thing you need is our untainter to hide all such stuff.

//siggy by Poseidon

Banned

Tried every possible way except a VPN, and no i dont cheat when I sf, I'm pretty fast though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPenguin View Post
    Tried every possible way except a VPN, and no i dont cheat when I sf, I'm pretty fast though.
    My guess is they have your IP on a blacklist which will never let you play longer than a day. Refer to step three in the guide, if you can't use a VPN, you'll need to find some other way of changing that IP.

Administrator

Or everyone gets butthurt in SF so they report the other player and the OM reading the report goes "oh this person has been banned a billion times on this IP"
    Devereux likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Or everyone gets butthurt in SF so they report the other player and the OM reading the report goes "oh this person has been banned a billion times on this IP"
    Tell me about it, after every game I usually get tons of hate tells like
    blablablabla tells ye,"omg nub reported for speedhacking lolololol say goodbye to ur acc faggot haha"
    bleblebleble tells ye,"reported, dont care reported lololol nubb"

Banned

It's like $11 a month and you won't get banned anymore.

Bot Coder

Funny, how I never ever get reported for speedhacking even though I do it in the most obvious way...
    Logo likes this.

//siggy by Poseidon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast