Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By esat

Thread: How Do I Untaint on Mac OS X?

How Do I Untaint on Mac OS X?

Well I know the Supply Crate has it's own untainter, and most of you guys would probably be referring to the VirtualBox method.
    I don't like it. The whole method for Virtual Box. ISO, downloading ISO, installing ISO, downloading correct ISO, failing with ISO. You guys must say that I'm a noob but it's all complicated for me. Really.

Is there any other way around? You know, the usual hash.dat method? Except that I have used any software that I could and even Finder (so desperate) but I found no results of hash.dat. Someone would even pay $35 for it but gawd, there's really no sign of intelligence in Mac OS X here.

Help would really be appreciated. Or if Face could develop and code an untainter for mac, that would be glorious.

Banned

The hash. dat file is hidden so you have to show hidden files with terminal. look up how to online

Quote Originally Posted by ypppoez View Post
    The hash. dat file is hidden so you have to show hidden files with terminal. look up how to online
    Hmm..I don't mean to be rude but that's totally basic. That's why I even used softwares to find the file, no luck on it though. :/

Banned

Well for me when i show hidden files i have hash.dat in finder

Quote Originally Posted by ypppoez View Post
    Well for me when i show hidden files i have hash.dat in finder
    on OS X it's called .ypp_42 and it's located in your home directory. But just deleting that file isn't gonna do shit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by esat View Post
    on OS X it's called .ypp_42 and it's located in your home directory. But just deleting that file isn't gonna do shit
    Yes I tried that too didnt work :P
    I just downloaded virtualbox for now until I find another solution for this.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPenguin View Post
    Yes I tried that too didnt work :P
    I just downloaded virtualbox for now until I find another solution for this.
    -Remove ~/.ypp_42
    -Go to ~/Library/Preferences/ (Library is a hidden folder in your home directory)
    -Remove all the preference files starting with rsrc.config.* (there are 6 of them and only rsrc.config.yohoho.plist is necessary to delete, but just to be thorough)

Now you should be untainted.. If you can't log in now go over these steps again and then change your mac address. Now you will be untainted for sure.
    Azure likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by esat View Post
    -Remove ~/.ypp_42
    -Go to ~/Library/Preferences/ (Library is a hidden folder in your home directory)
    -Remove all the preference files starting with rsrc.config.* (there are 6 of them and only rsrc.config.yohoho.plist is necessary to delete, but just to be thorough)

Now you should be untainted.. If you can't log in now go over these steps again and then change your mac address. Now you will be untainted for sure.
    Thanks for providing a precise tutorial. Now people won't have to worry about untainting on Mac.

Banned

There are tutorials on it somewhere around here. Things are just a bit.. dead, unfortunately.

I made a tool for this a while ago which you can use to delete those 7 files and change your mac address.
    edit: just PM me if you want it.
    Last edited by esat; 01-31-2013 at 08:07 PM.