Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Please tell me what you guys think!

Please tell me what you guys think!

Okay, so this idea came to me idea.. A poker tournament.

How it works: A private table(s) set up in a house. Players registered for the tournament buy into the table (Most likely 20-200) Once all players are bought in and playing a timer starts, and is counting down. Once timer is up, the player with most chips gets 1st, person with 2nd most chips gets second, and so on.

How to get into this new tournament idea. There would be a min. of 4 people per turny, and a max of 10 (if this idea takes off may have more than one table going)

Now here's the catch: Buy-ins would be with real money. So you would send your buy-in to a paypal account, and once all buyins are in. The tournament leader would distribute chips evenly to each player, and then people get on table and start playing.

RULES: No rebuys, and at all times one registered referee watching (Thats all I got right now)

Points of this: real $$$ for prizes, and actual skill is used instead of all-in noobs who win millions.

I'm thinking of running a mock tournament with a small buy-in soon.

ANYWAYS tell me what you think! I want thoughts, more ideas, feedback, potential flaws! Anything will help. Thank you

Administrator

Fees and creditcard chargebacks are two major flaws I see.

Potential flaw of e-checks.

Credit card charge-back would honestly be your worst nightmare as the credit card company slaps on a 15 dollar fee on top of you having to pay them back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Fees and creditcard chargebacks are two major flaws I see.

Potential flaw of e-checks.

Credit card charge-back would honestly be your worst nightmare as the credit card company slaps on a 15 dollar fee on top of you having to pay them back.
    As if credit card companies didn't get enough fucking money from people.
    Rage likes this.

What if in order to buy into the tournament you must send money as a gift and the note says like no chargeback. For virtual items.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Just to add to what you said...

Most of the time Paypal will let the company/bank handle your case. Even if you win, they still charge you (not their dishonest ass of a client) 15-20 dollars. Not to mention this process is about 2 months long.

Quote Originally Posted by djdrew View Post
    What if in order to buy into the tournament you must send money as a gift and the note says like no chargeback. For virtual items.
    The person can still charge back through their bank/CC company. Then a dispute case happens, which I described above. But if the person leaves that note, you will most likely win. Like I said, though, it doesn't matter. You are still charged like $20 and it takes 2 months.
    Skype - wastedbro

How is their large fees If you send as gift? I recall the fee to be very very small. So the main issue is chargeback. If that wasn't the issue what do you guys think? Any other ideas? Is this A good idea?

How is their large fees If you send as gift? I recall the fee to be very very small. So the main issue is chargeback. If that wasn't the issue what do you guys think? Any other ideas? Is this A good idea?
    That's not the charge we were talking about. When someone charges you back from their CC company or bank, the company charges YOU about $20 to handle the dispute between you two. This only happens if you are charged back.
    Skype - wastedbro

Even if the note said no dispute/chargeback I would still be at risk...?

Even if the note said no dispute/chargeback I would still be at risk...?
    Yes.......
    Skype - wastedbro

Banned

This is great idea however just from the messages above(chargebackz) it will be a pain in the ass to setup.
    It might be a good idea to a small amount of trusted peoplez and also the wagers shouldnt be too big :P
    Otherwise, nice idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast