Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Complaint To C.E.O

Banned

Complaint To C.E.O

This email was sent to Daniel (The C.E.O of Three Rings). Any comments would be good

Hello,

Before I start I would like a reply to this email, just something saying that you have read the email if you have nothing else to say.

Ill start of a positive note and say that I think the game that you have created is very unique and is a reason why I will carry on to play it. However lets take the game part away for a moment and look at the business aspect of this. What we have is an absolute shambles. If any business that didn't have such a product to keep customers was run like three rings is, it would last around two minutes.

I am studying Business and Economics and one of the first things I was taught is that customer service is one of the most important things a business can adopt. I can safely say your customer service is shocking. The amount of time taken for stuff to get replied to is an absolute joke. Even when a reply is given the response is so minimal and rarely answers any of the questions asked. I send an email in once asking around five questions to which I get a response answering the first one. Its like you just read the first line and his the reply button. I'm sure you are aware of the situation but even though the amount of people I hear complaining the situation seems to be getting worse.

I also want to raise a little issue with the situation with Josh Sivils. I understand he has emailed you a few times and you have not replied. I'm not here to complain about not unbanning him because I don't really care about that. However I 100% agree with pretty much everything he says and in this YouTube clip A call to Three Rings Design - YouTube he talk's with one of your employee's. Although he may appear to be I guess "trolling" the manor in which the situation is handled is a joke. You never over talk a customer and then put the phone down. He is a paying customer and that is just no acceptable for a business to do such a thing. I would also like to point out a legal issue over this. Although josh himself has committed the same crime it is illegal to record a conversation without consent from the other person. There is never any question like this asked by your employee. This is assuming that when josh asked if she had recorded the conversation and would send it to you she actually meant you had recorded it.

Now I will move onto Orbsus (A pirate on meridian) which is a perfect example of why I will never buy dubs again in my life due to the fact that I totally disagree with almost everything that is going on. He was banned yes but firstly I want to look into something that happened before this. I was sharing a house with him and I got banned which I have no complaints about and I agree you have all right to take my money away. However this does not give anyone the right to take all the money in the house away. Some of that money I did not put in their and neither did I own. It just shows how little effort the OM put into resolving issues in the correct manor. The amount was on 69 Poe but that's not the point. If I was to go into a shop and take something worth 50p and walk out I could still get arrested for stealing. I know its not illegal what happened because in theory you own all the Poe but its sort of a undeclared law of the game that you wont just randomly take money away from someone without a reason to do so.

Staying on the same topic of Orbsus I would like to now look at the customer service around this. I first hand witnessed the whole situation leading to his ban which was pretty nasty due to someone hacking his account and then bragging out it to his friends. I'm not here to ban plead i'm just going to point out where the problems lie in your business. So if we look at this example and make it short someone hacked his alt and did something (cheating) which got his main banned. By hacked it was more like a scam to get his information but that leaded to a hack. The reason why he actually got banned is still unknown. After a number of emailed over a few months there was never one reply with any real relevance as I have seen the emails myself. The replies are short, demanding, out of context and totally non considerate of the paying customer. With the information you have I am personally able to prove how there is no way you have enough evidence to say 100% that he committed the crime to get his account banned. Therefore you are just going on speculation. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Having seen his happen in front of me and see the whole ban plead take place just questions why you even have a plead service. All you have to do is look at the IP/Mac address of the person who logged into the account when it was banned (His alt) you will find that the IP of this person has never before accessed the account. What more proof do you need than that? I know why you haven't unbanned him and its due to something else which has totally no relevance. Your game is too based on how your employees feel about that person. Just because your employee does not like him doesn't give you the right to keep him banned. He did actually seek legal advice about this situation however the risk was pretty divided and I don't think he wanted to risk losing his house over something like this.

That bring me to my last and final complaint. The level of bias that happens is unreal. You do not have the people in charge of your game contributing in normal conversations as if they were friends with customers. I understand it brings the community together but what happens if that person breaks the rules? The level of bias towards them is a lot higher than it would be for a normal player, something which I strongly believe in.

If you want this game to survive you need to firstly get rid of ban evasion and keep it for high profile cases of hacking only. That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life. Who stops people from giving them money. When Xbox bans you they make you buy a new Xbox. They don't care if you come back as your giving them money. This is a prime example as to why this game is going down the pan pretty fast.

Ok I think I am done now and I would like a response of some sort if possible. An actually response would be good with some reports on what changes you are going to make and have these situation I have mentioned looked into.

Thank you.

Banned

They won't respond back.

Tim

Dear OOO,

i broke da rulez that i akepted when i plyd ur game and now im mad becuz u wont let mi play. i read a website about business and i think i no everythink and should tell you how to run your business. pls unban me cuz i want to play da game.

Darwin would be turning in his grave.

Banned

I'm not banned just to point out. Its just something I believe in.

Ex-Staff Member

Wait... That was Josh Sivils in the call?

No wonder I sided with The Three Rings in that video.

Banned

To be fair though he does prove a point. I mean yes he was being a dick but there is no way to talk to anyone else and their email service is a piece of shit. Also if she recorded it which she says she did then she broke the law.
    Last edited by tjwells28; 01-07-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by tjwells28 View Post
    ...I can safely say your customer service is shocking. The amount of time taken for stuff to get replied to is an absolute joke. Even when a reply is given the response is so minimal and rarely answers any of the questions asked. I send an email in once asking around five questions to which I get a response answering the first one. Its like you just read the first line and his the reply button...
    They write one line attempting to respond to your questions and the rest are template emails pre-written for all OMs. It's a fucking shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by tjwells28 View Post
    However I 100% agree with pretty much everything he says and in this YouTube clip A call to Three Rings Design - YouTube he talk's with one of your employee's.
    The only part of that video that was actually a valid point was from 11:24 to 12:00 or so, where he says 'If you leave work tonight and get arrested by a policeman that says, "Tell us what you have done. We have relevant data that suggests you have done something wrong. Tell us what that is."' relating to the issue of no reasons with some bans and then OMs requiring information about the offences from the banned.

Basically, you're not going to get a response but if you do I'd love to hear it. Probably gonna be another one of their template answers but we'll see
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Worlds Smallest ePeen

I suggest taking the part out with the call and Joshsivils because it projects his stupidity/doucheyness onto you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStepFan View Post
    I suggest taking the part out with the call and Joshsivils because it projects his stupidity/doucheyness onto you
    No actually they are breaking the law if that convo was recorded by them. (The person on the phone says it was)

If you plan to record telephone calls or in-person conversations (including by recording video that captures sound), you should be aware that there are federal and state wiretapping laws that may limit your ability to do so. These laws not only expose you to the risk of criminal prosecution, but also potentially give an injured party a civil claim for money damages against you.

From a legal standpoint, the most important question in the recording context is whether you must get consent from one or all of the parties to a phone call or conversation before recording it. Federal law and many state wiretapping statutes permit recording if one party (including you) to the phone call or conversation consents. Other states require that all parties to the communication consent.
    Last edited by tjwells28; 01-07-2013 at 07:48 PM.

#Return

When I called Three Rings it gave me a heads up they were going to record me, at least I think it was them anyway. That call he made was actually disgusting and he seemed just butthurt he's banned. That woman on service handled him very professionally and was just doing her job, you do realize she only has a say in billing options (Nothing to do with banned accounts). Yes, she said she would listen to him, and she did, but she doesn't have to sit there and be abused by him.

The amount of disrespect some players actually show is just disgusting, you play their game, their rules, they can do what they want. What's it to you? If they want to treat paying customers how they do, why do you care? They won't listen to you, they won't hire you.

Get the fuck over it.

Edit: When I called Three Rings preparing to rage at her, I literally couldn't just because of the way she handled the situation. When I called she was calm the whole time and I actually ended up apologizing to her at the end because I felt terrible that I'd done it. She is extremely professional... Yes, she has no idea what's going on with banned accounts (but that's not her job, remember?) She said many times in the video "I have nothing to do with banned accounts, only billing" and that's exactly where he should have hung up.
    Toxic and plentyofpoe like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast