Banned

Willing to pay for mac untaint

Does anyone know how to untaint on a mac? Any details on where the hash.dat is located and etc? Any tools that can help do it?
    I'm willing to pay well to anyone who can give me such information... no "Get a PC" responses please.
    Bootcamp isn't an option either. This is for a friend of mine who isn't very tech-savvy, just wondering if there was *any* method at all.

Bot Coder

Search for the hash.dat? Or is a search function not included in MacOS?

//siggy by Poseidon

VIP Member

"get a pc" im jk, macs dont got the same mac addresses, so look for the local ipconfig and tr renaming that (mac version) if thats to risky... find the hash.dat ad delete, all temp internet files delete, and rename the username...

they have to have somewhat similar detection methods, so the above list should secure ya pretty well (not a mac user so forgive me if the information is a bit lacking)

Hey there nervo,

I currently use a macbook pro which was tainted a while ago. To untaint, I created a virtual machine (it's easy!) & used Supply Crate's 1 click untainter. I've been ban free ever since, so I suggest you create a VM as well using this guide.

I don't know mac's however I think you could do this in the terminal if I find a way I'll make a script for you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Hey there nervo,

I currently use a macbook pro which was tainted a while ago. To untaint, I created a virtual machine (it's easy!) & used Supply Crate's 1 click untainter. I've been ban free ever since, so I suggest you create a VM as well using this guide.
    Thanks for the response. His mac is pretty old, not too old but not able to run a VM without a tiny bit of lag. He also prefers not to use a VM as he is a highly skilled SF'er (#1 on many oceans) and wants gameplay to be smooth. Playing through a VM is probably not an option... but thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by oojava View Post
    I don't know mac's however I think you could do this in the terminal if I find a way I'll make a script for you
    I would love to know more about this. I need an untaint that will change the MAC or just spoof it or anything. Basically it needs to stop saying "This PC has been tainted" and that will be fine. That is all we need.

I think you can use the VM to just create a new Y!PP account, from there you can just use your regular mac to log in.

Banned

Bump. Just need someone who can tell me where the hash.dat is located on a mac. I'll pay if anyone has this info.

Yes we tried searching for it.
    Yes we enabled hidden files.

We need some info :P
    If there is no hash.dat there must be something else?
    Last edited by ohio2; 08-07-2012 at 10:46 PM.