Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Creating some bots for Puzzle Pirates.

Exclamation Creating some bots for Puzzle Pirates.

Hey guys, Mark here. [Updated]

I am going to make a bot for ever single skill in Puzzle Pirates, be that Piracy, Corousing, or Crafting. Yes, I know this will be a very long process, but it's happening. Each bot will be sold to Face when completed [See list below] however some bots may not be released to it making every single thing bottable-- This could potentially bring Puzzle Pirates to the ground, causing prices to crash for everything, such as golden nuggets because of a forage bot, and so on. No matter, the bots will still be made and used for personal use/Private sale, not through Face.

A widely known bot-coder (He specifically asked me not to name him for reasons I do not ask) has messaged me and is now helping me code the bots. He is also helping me learn C# more, and I am helping him with his. GUI's, coding etc and we help each other, splitting the money we will make from the bots. We should have a bot or two done in a month or so, so do expect it!

Each bot will have multiple settings [See list below] to be edited to your needs, be that mouse speed, anti-bans, power mode, and tokening ability. For some things (Crafting bots) they will have an extra option to choose between Basic, Skilled and Excellent labour, so things can still be made. For the others, this will be more of an anti-ban measure, as you will be able to chose between the stats you wish to make. This means you can select what you will get on your duty report, Booched, Poor, Fine, Good, Excellent, or Incredible. This is for people who have always got very low stats, if you suddenly start getting incredibles it will look suspicious, so you can work your way up if you like, or just go full out and get increds on a new account, up to you.

The order in which bots will be made: Piracy Skills (All), Corousing Skills (All), then Crafting Skills (All). We won't start work on any other bot until the first one is done, then we move through the ranks, meaning we will make all of the Piracy bots, all of the Corousing bots, THEN all of the Crafting bots. We wil lsell each bot to Face one at a time, in turn releasing it to all of you guys, too!

First bot will be released (The one I am helping with, mentioning no names thus far though) in a month or so.
    Next bot: Foraging! [Because I see it as a neede bot, so forget the system right now.]

List (the way each bot will be made):

Create the pixel locator (Medium/Hard)
    Make the algorithm (Hard)
    Add anti-bans. (Medium)
    Add icons for the bots. (Easy)
    Add a good enough GUI. (Medium)
    Create a better algorithm. (Hard)
    Add more customisation to the settings. (Medium)
    • Speed,
    • Options,
    • Token ability,
    • Power mode.

Add token ability to each bot for blockades etc.
    • 0% [Never try for tokens] {Fastest}
    • 25% [Try for increds but also tokens] {Fast}
    • 50% [Split tokens and increds] {Normal}
    • 75% [Try for tokens more than increds] {Slow}
    • 100% [Always try for tokens] {Slowest}

The big question; "How much will these cost?"
    The big answer, "Ask me in a month or two."

If you're up for helping, send me a message and I will get back to you.

Currently doing: Coding C#, working on a bot.

Spoiler: Images

Working on some new ones, nothing to see here. >.>
    Last edited by Mark Gavin Williams; 06-04-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Condensed, got rid of useless information
    Rage and bpuoye like this.

Good luck. Keep in mind that Face won't sell certain bots to prevent breaking the game too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    Good luck. Keep in mind that Face won't sell certain bots to prevent breaking the game too badly.
    Yeah I do understand this, which is why if I do wish to release all of the bots, I will do it very, very slowly, and I will also under power quite a few of them to make it better for the non-botters. I don't like the entire game being botted, but I do want to make things easier for some people.

Banned

You're really confident you can make a bot for every single puzzle?

I suggest actually doing a lot of bot coding before making a post like this. I don't know how much coding you know or can do, but don't get ahead of yourself. If you rush into this you will have a lot of unfinished, half-assed projects that will never amount to anything, given the fact that you can even get that far in the first place.

Remember you need a range of skills to even make the simplest of bots. You need a good amount of coding knowledge. You need to be really good at expressing logic with code and reading code logic. You also need to be good with AI, which is complex logic and will require a mindset that is quite different from average coding.
    Skype - wastedbro

Banned

Well I think only a fool would make a post like this with little knowledge on actually being able to create such bots.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    Well I think only a fool would make a post like this with little knowledge on actually being able to create such bots.
    We've seen sooooo many doing such and actually having not a single clue...

Good luck to you though!

//siggy by Poseidon

Banned

I wish you luck on your bot making please keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by SoBeK View Post
    You're really confident you can make a bot for every single puzzle?
    I'm confident enough that I will at least try to make all the bots, if not all a few.

Quote Originally Posted by wastedbro View Post
    I suggest actually doing a lot of bot coding before making a post like this. I don't know how much coding you know or can do, but don't get ahead of yourself. If you rush into this you will have a lot of unfinished, half-assed projects that will never amount to anything, given the fact that you can even get that far in the first place.

Remember you need a range of skills to even make the simplest of bots. You need a good amount of coding knowledge. You need to be really good at expressing logic with code and reading code logic. You also need to be good with AI, which is complex logic and will require a mindset that is quite different from average coding.
    I understand what you mean, but I wouldn't start on another bot unless I finished the other one. I will be making them in the order in which I listed, starting with Piracy Skills first, as they are a lot widely used. I know it looks like I am getting ahead of myself and a part of me says I am, but all in all I want to give something back to the community, and I will work my arse off to make them as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by wowfreak0123 View Post
    I wish you luck on your bot making please keep us updated
    Don't worry, I will keep you all updated. I feel I might make some GUI samples first, just so that people can get a feel of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gavin Williams View Post
    I'm confident enough that I will at least try to make all the bots, if not all a few.

I understand what you mean, but I wouldn't start on another bot unless I finished the other one. I will be making them in the order in which I listed, starting with Piracy Skills first, as they are a lot widely used. I know it looks like I am getting ahead of myself and a part of me says I am, but all in all I want to give something back to the community, and I will work my arse off to make them as fast as possible.

Don't worry, I will keep you all updated. I feel I might make some GUI samples first, just so that people can get a feel of everything.
    Do you know how to code?
    Skype - wastedbro

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast