Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Face
  • 2 Post By Face

Thread: IP Banning

IP Banning

Does IP banning really exist in YPP? Cause I can't access any thing to do with YPP at the moment, the game doesn't connect. Neither does puzzlepirates.com and forums.puzzlepirates.com

I'm really not sure what else it could be other than them banning my IP. Also if I access the website through a proxy it works fine, and as I haven't got a VPN yet I can't try whether it works on my actual client through a proxy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Firewall? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by tradami View Post
    Firewall? o.O
    It's nothing like that, I was just playing and all my alts got DC/d and I couldn't access anything.

I'm using a VPN now and it works. So I think IP banning is a real thing :P

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    It's nothing like that, I was just playing and all my alts got DC/d and I couldn't access anything.

I'm using a VPN now and it works. So I think IP banning is a real thing :P
    IP banning doesn't really make sence since you get a new one every 24 hours or whenever you want by doing a forced reconnect (unless you are in the "lucky" situation like me and have a broadband connection and only get a new IP all 3-4weeks...). I recommend using the Bot-Supply One Click Untainter and flushing your DNS cache.

How the untainter works I think you know, to flush your DNS open the cmd as admin and type

Code:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    and then hit return.

//siggy by Poseidon

Administrator

YPP banned pretty much all of Romania due to viridianseller (which is where he resides) if I remember correctly.

The Chroma dupe scandal with boi and party they banned like half of london for a week from being able to log on.

They banned my old city from being able to play the game.

So yes, they do IP range ban but very, very rarely
    viridianseller likes this.

Bot Coder

A whole range? My IP resides in a radius of about 200km and they really would ban all those people in this huge area? That's insane but a new goal for them boring days...

//siggy by Poseidon

Hmm, I've tried everything to get it to work withour VPN... I've done flushing, releasing renewing. All the shiz but it doesn't want to let me in, and I'm also not in romania :P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    YPP banned pretty much all of Romania due to viridianseller (which is where he resides) if I remember correctly.

The Chroma dupe scandal with boi and party they banned like half of london for a week from being able to log on.

They banned my old city from being able to play the game.

So yes, they do IP range ban but very, very rarely
    Im the one who started the chroma thing and I live in NY and nothing happened lol

#Return

I'm so glad I don't live in New Zealand... they probably shut off the whole country.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Idoworkk View Post
    Im the one who started the chroma thing and I live in NY and nothing happened lol
    um no you didn't Partypopper did, aka Dan on this site, aka guy that I talk to very frequently :P
    Prentice and Scarecrow like this.