Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trophy system hack?

In puzzle pirates you usually have to do things multiple times to get a trophy. How does the game calculate how many times youve done it? And is it possible for someone to make a helper that shows you how many of the thing you have done? If this could be done it would be amazing.

#Return

Do you mean, like a counter for crabs on bilge ??

Or a program where you can click off what trophies you have, how many trophies you have left to get, and what you have to do to get them ??

Like a crab counter. A grain bonus counter. A cannon counter. Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by djdrew View Post
    Like a crab counter. A grain bonus counter. A cannon counter. Stuff like that.
    Hmm.. that would be really hard to code because of all the different trophies there are. Secondly, i just feel its not practical.
    Why? Imagine, you are using a crab counter on a pirate. Switchover to alt and forgot to close it. Whoops, what number was it again?
    I think the idea by Scarecrow
    Or a program where you can click off what trophies you have, how many trophies you have left to get, and what you have to do to get them ??
    is promising for lazy bastards like me.

Not to rain on your parade, but just my two cents, feel free to disagree with me

Vouches: http://bot-supply.com/forum/vouches-...ch-thread.html
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

I just thought it would be cool. I'm not a coder or programmer so I dont know what it takes to make something like this.

#Return

Face has asked around I think if anyone would like to make one, me and Cryoma did have a long hard think about it and were investigating. It is just really hard, you'd always have to have it running with your bot, or if your not botting (lol who doesn't bot??) it would be extremely tedious to get the images (because the bilge background is different on every side) and is a lot of work for something like a counter.

Having said that, I am not sure if Face plans to persue it as a project. <--- I'll let him answer if it will be a project in the future.

But from where I was looking at it from with Cryoma (who thought it was next to impossibly previous to talking to me) it would be a tedious project for something that isn't really needed...

Well, I'd personally prefer the coders working on a new bot rather then something counting crabs : 3

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by tupov View Post
    Hmm.. that would be really hard to code because of all the different trophies there are. Secondly, i just feel its not practical.
    Why? Imagine, you are using a crab counter on a pirate. Switchover to alt and forgot to close it. Whoops, what number was it again?
    I think the idea by Scarecrow

is promising for lazy bastards like me.

Not to rain on your parade, but just my two cents, feel free to disagree with me
    In all honesty, just thought of that off the top of my head.

Maybe a project I will do myself if I can find some time.

Edit : Scuse my double post, Tupov posted while I was still typing my response.

-delete

Yeah I just thought it would be a cool addition to the helpers floating around here. Oh well and yeah. I'd rather have more bots than a crab counter

Bot Coder

Actually monitoring the crabs should be rather easy because every time a crab is cleared a sound is played. Windows already has built in functions to monitor file usages and of cours as well the access of it.

A bot would just need to check which username you are logged in with (easily done in C#) and then either check the event log of Windows or monitor the file itself. Every time a new access event is added you just add one to the counter of the crabs.
    Same works with the grain bonus on carp, a filled gun and most likely other puzzles as well (if a sound is played or file accessed when something happened which is as well relevant to a trophy).

EDIT:
    Actually I might look into that soon as I got no real projects atm.
    Last edited by flashbang; 02-29-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast