Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Poker Bot?

Poker Bot?

Yeah, probably got someone's hopes up. But I am just requesting someone look into it.
    How hard would it be to make a bot that pokers based on specific cards, combined with odds. And preferably with some way of personalising it?
    So to make it go for specific hands, call when chasing something with particular odds when it's a big pot. (odds of hitting what you're chasing, not winning, that way it won't fail like the AoF bot when there's 6 or 7 people in)

I'd pay pretty nicely for something like this and if I'm not mistaken, a slightly successful poker bot was made months ago but was abandoned. So if this is easy enough to make , and there's a fair bit of demand then I suggest someone get on it. <3

This would obviously not be the way I'd poker, but I'd have it for if I needed the toilet, needed to go get the chinese I ordered, or similar. I just think it'd be a sweet bot to have.

Banned

do you want to ruin the whole game or something? :/
    pieee likes this.

Making a poker bot that's distinctly average? That wouldn't ruin it, infact it would make it easier to win poker I think.

A good player would destroy this bot.

I don't see the point in this.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    ... but I'd have it for if I needed the toilet, needed to go get the chinese I ordered, or similar.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Bit of both bra

Administrator

If a poker bot was made, the maker would keep it and sell the poe themselves.

Banned

This is useless and stupid, use your noggin. We already have an odds calculator, for any of you who learned how to play poker online or something, actually think about what you're saying. You won't win much playing your game on odds, that's a small fraction of poker. This is why PP poker is so unpredictable to me, I have never played with such idiots.

You can't get a good hand without playing preflop, and if someone is in position they will bet preflop, and unless your bot has a high pocket it will most likely fold, won't it? It just can't wait until the river to hit a straight where no one has been betting/raising with a low pot and bet 2/4 of your stack, everyone will fold.

I had already started working on something like this recently. Let me warn you it may sound good to have but it's not really all that great. The one I had coded my self would play based on percentages. If there is a 70% chance of you winning the hand, it would call (or all in if needed) 70% of your total PoE by moving the bar 7/10. If the chances were lower than 50%, it would fold. The odds it self is not all that great. I had found them on google and based on those odds AA preflop is only 25% or so = fold. An advanced stable bot like this is only possible if someone could step up and create YPP-only odds that would increase the chances of hands like JJ, J10, KQ, AA etc than keep them under 50%.
    Retired.

Did you guys actually read the initial post?

I clearly said I wouldn't use it as a way to make money, just more as a way for me to be able to leave the computer for a second without my heart stopping when I walk back in the room and see a folded KK and 400k in the pot.
    And Yomann I said not odds of winning, odds of hitting what it's chasing. That way the number of people in the table/hand will not affect it.

And Face, no. This bot would not win vast amounts of poe, if anything. I just want something that'll recognise a good hand when it sees it, and keep me in the hand basically.

I have no idea about coding and what not, but I am just making a suggestion, and saying I'd probably buy this but it seems others would not...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast