Is it safe for me?

Well I've not bought a ton of poe, just 2mil separetly 1mil each time. About 2 weeks after the second purchase I got a 24 hour ban for real world trading. So is it no longer safe to buy poe with that account?

Banned

You got a 24 hour ban? Are you a god or something?

Banned

I got a 1 day 8 hour ban for the same thing a few weeks ago, the person who you are dealing with probally is using a risky method

Ex-Staff Member

I guess their new method of dealing with first time offenders is a warning ban. And Canaan, don't use that account again for real life trading, untaint and create a new pirate and keep as much of your poe in a chest in a house with several alt roommates so if your main is banned you can recover your money. That's just a safety precaution but since you're spending large sums of real life money, it's in your best interest to do so.

Also, I'd recommend mentioning this to the person so he can sort out his methods. Not public humiliation just a Skype IM or a PM.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Lob

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuson View Post
    keep as much of your poe in a chest in a house with several alt roommates so if your main is banned you can recover your money.
    The OM banning you will remove the poe from your house. Of course you could hope they are in a hurry and forget it, if you're lucky.

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lob View Post
    The OM banning you will remove the poe from your house. Of course you could hope they are in a hurry and forget it, if you're lucky.
    All three of the times I have been perma banned on my two main accounts, I had sums of between 100k-1million in a small shack (one of many) with an alt as a roommate and I was able to recover all the lost money. Of course these bans weren't for real-life trading.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Lob

With both my bans (none from RLT) Endymion removed my money. Maybe he is more thorough than some of the others?

From what I've gathered, its pretty much a no go to buy poe on my main anymore.

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lob View Post
    With both my bans (none from RLT) Endymion removed my money. Maybe he is more thorough than some of the others?
    Ok in which case spread equal amounts, when possible with houses or keep all your money on a separate account from your main (possibly in a house of an in-game friend?).