Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By micahelloway

Thread: Change your IP Address in one minute!!

Exclamation Change your IP Address in one minute!!

Really..It's as easy as that.

First familiarize yourself with the type of router you have. Open your favourite internet browser and either type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.

As you can see I am using a Dlink router. You will be prompted to enter your username and password. The username is by default admin and the password by default is either nothing or "admin" as well.

After signing in, look for a setup/setp wizard tab.

Once you found that, depending which brand router you're using you will be able to find a button where you can MANUALLY setup your internet connection. Click on that!

If your router has the option to switch between Dynamic and Static connection types make sure you switch over to Dynamic.

Now locate your Dynamic Internet Connection settings.

Under MAC address, change the LAST 2 digits of your address to something similarFor instance if the last two digits are e4 then change that to d7 or d3 or e2 whatever.

Save your changes and wait 30s for your router to reboot. Your IP has been successfully changed.
    Exiled1120 likes this.

If you already have a dynamic ip, unplug your router from the wall, wait 2-3mins, then plug it back it. You should have a new IP.
    new life, who this

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMeWin View Post
    If you already have a dynamic ip, unplug your router from the wall, wait 2-3mins, then plug it back it. You should have a new IP.
    That too, but many users have had issues with unplugging and plugging back in their router/modem since the changes to IP was not made.

It's similar to using command prompt and typing in ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew. For most people that too doesn't work.

I can confirm this method works (I have been using it for years now) and I always remain unbanned after changing my IP like this. Good guide. Better than using a VPN for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Papaoutai View Post
    I can confirm this method works (I have been using it for years now) and I always remain unbanned after changing my IP like this. Good guide. Better than using a VPN for sure
    Thanks for the vouch!

and yes this method is definitely better than using a VPN. Some VPNs are slow and will give you a reference error if you try to open bot supply

How often would this have to take place, before or after botting?
    Before every log in?
    After using manual mode and automatic or just auto?

I'm not too familiar with changing my IP or vpn to be honest. I've (touch wood) not been banned for bot evasion, usually take 6 months or so off ypp after a ban before coming back and don't seem to get hassle off OOO for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceSwan View Post
    How often would this have to take place, before or after botting?
    Before every log in?
    After using manual mode and automatic or just auto?

I'm not too familiar with changing my IP or vpn to be honest. I've (touch wood) not been banned for bot evasion, usually take 6 months or so off ypp before coming back and don't seem to get hassle off OOO for it.
    Wow the coincidence!!! I was just stalking your GFX thread hahaha.

What this method does is completely change your IP Address (provided you're using a Dynamic internet connection) by spoofing. This method doesn't harm your computer or with your ISP. Computers/Routers use MAC addresses to identify each other. What youre essentially doing is changing that address so that the computer doesn't know what it is. It's like meeting someone new in real life. First, youll have to introduce yourself. So your computer will be re-introduced to your router, and in turn the router will provide it with a new IP address since it doesn't recognize the old one . You usually use this method after an IP ban from a game/website, or whenever you feel like there's going to be a possible IP ban. This has nothing to do with botting. I presume you already know that using automatic mode increases your chances of getting caught. When you're suspected your pirate is flagged. Once your character is flagged and banned, your IP address is flagged (this is a fail-safe in case you untaint your computer). So when your IP is flagged no matter how many times you stay under the radar eventually you will be caught in their records. So this method changes your IP so you won't be flagged by OOO (or any other game per say).

The difference between changing your IP using this method and using a VPN is that when you change your IP, your location and ISP is still traceable (you shouldn't worry about this if you're just a casual hacker/botter). However, some individuals prefer using VPNs (virtual private networks) so that they can completely mask their location and ISP (their identity). VPNs are mostly used by people breaking through systems or DDosing. It guarantees their anonymity.
    Last edited by micahelloway; 05-29-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Haha, it's been heavily neglected due to lag of anyone needing anything.

So if my IP is flagging by being reported for example, I can change though this which will unflag the account or will it only unflag the IP so any accounts made after the IP change are safe?

Any reason why I've never had trouble with ban evasion even after being banned for botting? I put down it to acting normal, still botting though and my IP has always remained the same to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceSwan View Post
    Haha, it's been heavily neglected due to lag of anyone needing anything.

So if my IP is flagging by being reported for example, I can change though this which will unflag the account or will it only unflag the IP so any accounts made after the IP change are safe?

Any reason why I've never had trouble with ban evasion even after being banned for botting? I put down it down to acting normal, still botting though and my IP has always remained the same to my knowledge.
    Yes so to answer your first question, This will create a new IP for your computer to use (so this will unflag your ip and any other accounts that you log in with the IP). I'm not sure if OOO keeps logs of the IP addresses that log in to the accounts but assuming they do, then your account might be banned if they see that a flagged ip has been previously logged on to the account. They'll see the new ip and ignore it because it wasn't flagged.

And as for your second question, OOO lacks technology. Their game was made out entirely by coding in java. The employees that monitor for suspicious accounts are OMs. They have to manually check IP logs on accounts that they find suspicious. Therefore the reason why you might not have been banned for evasion was probably because you haven't logged in so long that the IP logs have been wiped off of your account. You still run the danger of being banned if they stop slacking off. (this, by the way is a presumption of how the system works down at OOO. This idea was made by information i've gathered over the years playing pp)

Useful guide. Liked