Run

Post Patching to Ultimate Via SoS

*Guide outdated, SoS is now buffed to be able to attain around legendary status*

Hello Anyone Interested,

With the recent release of SoS, the Bot-Supply patching bot, many people have become upset due to the "lower than usual" bar. Although there may be a buff coming up in the future to solve many problems, as of yet it has not been released. With the bot only being able to maintain around a renowned standing, I have come up with a logical solution to this, which has gotten me to ultimate patching. While it takes a bit of getting used to, it only took a couple of hours of hard work for me. Understand that this is a guide which takes a basic understanding of patching and the corresponding scoring system. It takes SOME skill, though not much as you are letting a bot do most of the work for you. This will require some free time and intensive watching. Make sure you have the beverages (be it alcoholic or not) and popcorn ready. You need to know how to hyper-rank. If you do not know what hyper-ranking is, click the link below:

http://bot-supply.com/forum/puzzle-p...ing-guide.html

What you will need:

• A mouse
    • 2.) SoS Patching bot, courtesy of Bot-Supply
    • 3.) The ability to swabbie
    • 4.) A basic understanding of patching and the related scoring system

With the requirements taken care of, I will have you note that to start the bot and stop it with no mouse moving, you can use Ctrl+r to run, and Ctrl+s to stop. To start off, make a basic hyper-rank setup. Prepare the ship, kick all of the bots, and swabbie it to an island nearby. With that under control, start the patching bot (again, use Ctrl+r). The bot attempts to solve the patching puzzle with very fast speeds, allowing it to reach excellent. It does not go for the grommets, which is one of the reasons that it does not attain higher than GM. To solve this problem, we are going to do something that I call "bot abuse". While the developers and distributors (Face, Sobo, Etc) may not agree with this method, it still works! After the bot has nearly solved a board, it starts to finish up tying loops, preferring to avoid grommets in exchange for a simple loop (no score bonuses!). At this point on the board, you are going to need to stop the bot (Ctrl+s), and QUICKLY change the loops from closed loop... to a three or four sided piece that can connect to the avoided grommets. While this may take a bit longer, if you do it fast enough, the grommets and extra space consumed will be more than an ample addition to your base score. To resume the bot on the next board, you will, once again, need to press Ctrl+R to begin running. I would love to include a video, but I really am simply too lazy to do this.

Now that you understand what is going to happen, you must use this method in lieu of the vanilla bot WHILE hyper-ranking. If you execute properly, your rank will start to raise above the original that you started with. There are two things you need to get used to- fast transitioning between the bot and your human mouse movement, and knowing when the bot is almost done with the board so that you can start tying the knots yourself using grommets. The key is to let the bot do the speed and solving while you finish it with grommets for a nice score multiplier.

If I haven't made myself clear enough, feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below. NOTE: This is not a flawless guide, you may not be able to replicate my results. This is simply here as an alternative for those not completely happy at the moment with the bot's results. I will take no blame for banned accounts, not that I am expecting any, and as usual, Bot-Supply takes no responsibility for banned accounts.

Hope this short guide has helped, again if you have any questions feel free to PM me or leave questions in the comments. I will try my best to answer them and edit my post.

Good luck, and happy botting!

-Run

See in-store for more detail, batteries not included. For a list of possible side effects, please look at the magazine in your seat-back pocket. Thank you for flying with me today, nobody loves you or your money more than we do
    Last edited by Run; 07-23-2013 at 10:59 PM.

#Return

SoS buff shouldn't be too much longer as we have a suitable version, just waiting on securing :3

Run

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    SoS buff shouldn't be too much longer as we have a suitable version, just waiting on securing :3
    I figured that I should just make due with this until the buff. Feel free to take it down if you don't approve of the method.
    Keep running,
    -Run

was using this method when the bot came out

but didn't get me to ult only 1/2 leg guess i am to slow xD

oh well thank you for writing all these

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rafiport View Post
    was using this method when the bot came out

but didn't get me to ult only 1/2 leg guess i am to slow xD

oh well thank you for writing all these

i got full leg without hyperranking :\

Run

Quote Originally Posted by Lanich View Post
    i got full leg without hyperranking :\
    Buff came out, making this guide obsolete. Hyperranking just made this work a bit faster, but it is still possible using this method with the navy and such.

I will now ask for an administrator to /close this thread now that SoS is buffed.

Thank you.
    Keep running,
    -Run

Banned

/closed as requested.