Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to not look like a botter / be a better player!

How to not look like a botter / be a better player!

To start this off, I know I'm new here. However, me being new here doesn't mean I'm new to Puzzle Pirates or botting. I just figured the best way for me to enter the community would be for me to share seven years of logic to all you new botters / players in general. Also, this is NOT mainly for botting, but that is the main focus of it. It's going to be numbered, not by importance, just for your convenience and mine as well. I may stray bit, repeat myself, or do other things like that. Don't mind it. I've got a problem where when I write long things I lose focus.

1. USE DISCRETION!
    What I mean by this is, don't brag about getting top DR with no tokens. I bot, but I don't want to be friends with obvious botters, as it brings attention to myself. This won't get you banned, but it won't get you in peoples good books. If the bot you use has a manual mode that tokens, such as Trident Bilge, use it! You're SO much more valuable to the ship when you're getting tokens, even if you get good on DR. That being said, Trident gets Excellent on DR when I use tokening, and I still get two lines or just below two lines. If you're botting in a competition, don't use your alt with narrow / able bilge or whatever stat the competitions for. First off, it may get the OOO staff to look at your info, find your main and watch you. Not sure if they have a flagging system, but I'd imagine they do. Second, that lime / magenta parrot isn't very common. Anyone who wants to know who your main is can EASILY find you on SMH's.

2. DON'T BRAG!
    I already touched on this a bit in the last section, but don't brag. Even if you don't bot. It makes you look like a douche. I hate it when I get good tokens in sailing (which I'm naturally good at) and get excellent, just to have some incredible fool with no tokens call me a noob. It makes you look bad, and if I were the bnaver / leader of whatever your on, I wouldn't want to job you. Even if you get top tokens, don't brag. If someone says 'Wow Billy, nice tokens!' say 'Thanks' not 'wow wat a scrub shaddap nub', because for all you know, that person could become the best bnaver and he won't want to job you. Have some courtesy man!

3. TOKEN, TOKEN, TOKEN!
    This is another thing I touched on, but it deserves its own section. You may think that getting incredible and no tokens makes you the best, but no. It makes you look like a botter. It also doesn't help the ship worth shit. A lot of the times, majority of bilgers are the botters you DON'T WANT TO BE! One person getting excellent, even good at that, with two line tokens is worth more then three people getting incredible and hardly any tokens. What I like to do is switch between the token and no token mode on the bilge bot I use. Getting consistent awesome tokens looks suspicious. I know a lot of you don't give a damn about if you look suspicious or not, due to the fact you're using a manual bot if you're tokening, but I don't want people to think I'm a botter. It makes me look bad, and as I said before, I don't want to be friends with a botter, even if I am one myself.

4. BEFRIEND THE BATTLE NAVIGATOR!
    This is VERY important. And, as I said, this isn't all about botting, and this is where it starts to stray. Befriending the bnaver is quite possibly the best way to get onto cit runs without renowned SF or whatever they normally require. Quite a few Cit Run bnavers run Friglantises as well. Hop on that Lantis' and befriend that bnaver. You'll easily get jobbed for cit runs that way, and you don't have to pay $8 or whatever it is to have someone get you ultimate SF and then actually suck at SF. I personally am only able to Respected SF, and I get jobbed on any cit run I apply too because of all the subjects before this. I'm nice, I token like a motherfucker, and I'm discreet. I also befriend the bnaver. Most of the time. But, luckily for you, the bnavers who don't run Friglantises but run Cit Runs WILL find out about you. Word travels. When you apply and someone in the crew who knows you sees your name, they'll say to the navver to job you. A lot of this game is being nice, as it is in real life.

5. BEFRIEND EVERY MOTHERFUCKER ON THAT BOAT!
    You don't even have to hearty them. Just give them a reason not to fucking hate you, and you'll be way better off. This will up your chances even more of being jobbed for something you normally wouldn't get jobbed for. Doesn't matter if they're a noob or a pro. Just befriend every single fuckface this game has, and even if the person is a douche, don't call them one. You never know, they could just be having a bad day, or they could be douches all the time. However, if you BEFRIEND THAT MOTHERFUCKER, he/she won't be a jerk to you anymore. As I said before, you don't have to hearty every single person on the ship, and you don't have to suck the bnavers dick to get him to like you. No, just be yourself, unless you're one of the fuckfaces I talked about before. If so, don't be yourself. Make corny jokes, don't be annoying, try not to talk inbetween breaks as it makes you look like a botter (in my cases, at least), say thank you when you get paid a bonus, say 'Great job!' when someone does good on a DR. I don't mean say great job to every person, just pick one or two people to say 'Nice!' to every DR. It makes you look nice and friendly, even if you aren't.

6. DON'T ACCUSE PEOPLE OF BOTTING!
    To be frank, no one is going to give a shit if you call Tom out for botting. It'll make you either A, look like an idiot, B, make you look like a raging little kid, or C, make you look like a raging little botter. You don't want any of those things. Even if you know that whomever bots, still be nice to them. You might even be wrong. He could be streaming or have Fraps on. You don't want to make yourself look like a fool. To touch on this a bit more, I don't want to be friends with someone who calls me a botter. If someone goes 'Wow, you're such a goddamn botter!' I mute them. Every time. I don't even respond half the time, or I go 'Oh, so your incredible bilge with no tokens makes me a botter with my two line tokens? Go fuck yourself' but that's just me. Most of the time that gets a laugh out of a lot of the people on the ship, which again, even though you're being mean, it gets the important people to like you.

7. TRIDENT > POSEIDON
    If you're gonna bot, please to god use Trident. Nothing pisses me off more then seeing an asshat with incredible and no tokens on a SMH. I know they are a botter. I know most people don't think like I do, and you use Poseidon cause its auto not manual and you're lazy, but if you really want to help the ship, get tokens. Do it. Get all those motherfucking tokens. Right now. If you use Poseidon, don't brag about your incredible. Just..no. Please no. No offence to Poseidon's bot maker (Face? Idk) but in my opinion, get Trident and get it now. Or, get them both. Poseidon beats Trident in not getting tokens, unless you're really used to the way Trident works, then you can beat Poseidon. I personally only use Trident because I have no desire whatsoever to get no tokens. It makes me feel so much better about myself when I'm getting two line tokens over Incredible. Honestly, it really depends on your way of thinking. I know a lot of people only bot because they give no fucks about the game and they just want to be a millionaire (so frick'n bad, buy all the ships you never had), but me, I feel bad for botting. I blow at Bilge normally, but all the other puzzles I can get good normally, so I don't bot them. Since I realize how much bnavers put on the line when they go into a SMH, I do my part to keep the ship floating. The difference between excellent and incredible isn't much, especially on bilge because every fucking person gets incredible. You'd be amazed how important maneuvers are. They save the ship 80% of the time. Also, I'm not Sticky in disguise(Sticky made Trident I think..again, idk). I'm not trying to get people to buy Trident, I'm just trying to get you to realize the difference between Poseidon and Trident, and which is more effective for the ship.

8. BE CHATTY!
    First off, this will help you gain friends. It's a given that if you're chatty and you're nice, people are going to want to be around you more. I've touched a tad bit on this, indirectly at most, but this is too important to miss. You want to be as talkative as possible without being annoying. The most obvious way to see a botter is the guy with incredible who doesn't talk. That being said, don't talk like a motherfucker in between breaks - that makes you look like a botter as well, and it makes you look like you're just there to be annoying, because to be frank, talking between breaks is annoying as balls. I've seen a guide for how to Cit run without doing anything yourself. I'd say not to follow that, especially because there very talkative (most of the time), and because it makes you look like a botter, which is exactly what this guide is trying to make you avoid!

TO SUMMARIZE...
    So, to sum it up : the way to leading a better way of life on PP is by being mature, nice, and courteous. At times, you'll need to put the ships safety in front of your own greed of getting an ultimate by tokening. As someone commented, Tokens + Friends >. Which is what this guide was made for. I want everyone to think like that. It will make the PP community so much better. Already we have a pretty damn good community compared to some games. A lot of the people who play PP are complete adults. I like this. I'm not an adult, but hell, being around them is a lot funner then you'd think. Sadly, we're still tainted by a few asshats here and there, but eh. We can deal with that.

I think I'll end it off here. If you have anything else you want me to address that I didn't think about, feel free to say. If I made any terrible grammar mistakes, tell me that as well. I know a lot about the Puzzle Pirates way, and if you think there is ANYTHING I could add to help new players, just say. And holy damn..I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.
    Also, I'm putting this on the other bot site, so I give myself permission to. My name is Electricz on there.
    Last edited by SgtStiffy; 04-26-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Fun to read, and I agree with most parts. +1

Tokens+Friends >
    SgtStiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMeWin View Post
    Fun to read, and I agree with most parts. +1

Tokens+Friends >
    Thank you.

Someone who agrees Trident > Poseidon. Thank you.

#Return

Not a bad little guide here, but may I suggest changing the title to "How to not look like a botter" or something along those lines of that, the title may confuse some people to mean that this guide will guarantee to not getting banned. (When there is no guarantee).

Regardless, nice guide. I'm moving it to the right section now :3

thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Not a bad little guide here, but may I suggest changing the title to "How to not look like a botter" or something along those lines of that, the title may confuse some people to mean that this guide will guarantee to not getting banned. (When there is no guarantee).

Right! Sorry about it being in the wrong section, but thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

Also, how do I change the title? When I edit it there is no option. *edit* and sorry for re-posting instead of editing last response.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 04-25-2013 at 12:28 AM.

#Return

Go Advanced editing, or if you still can't figure it out, PM me the name you want it to be and I'll do it.

Administrator

Maybe add provide conversation or just talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Maybe add provide conversation or just talk?
    I knew I forgot something! I'll get on that right away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast