Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mehfailz x3's short Hyperranking guide.

Captain Medals

Mehfailz x3's Hyperranking Guide

Step 1: Meeting the requirements

What you need:
    - A plain Sloop
    - Chart & 2,000 PoE
    - A Officer Badge

All in all: Being able to run a swabbie transport.

Step 2: Charting and configuring the course

Enter your ship, put 2,000 PoEs in coffers and clear your hold. Chart your course (the shorter the better) and set it as a “Swabbie Ship Transport”. Kick all bots and start your puzzle.

-Your course should look like this (Short as possible)

-That’s how to set up a Swabbie Ship Transport.

Step 3: Let’s get ready to puzzle

Things you should notice while puzzling:

- Never hit the League Point, always turn about
    - Feel free to slower your ship by turning about several times
    - Your score

When you first enter the puzzle your aim is to create a high Incredible. Once you achieve Incredible you’ll have to hold it for at least 15 seconds (or some combos). Feel free to leave whenever you want – just make sure it’s an incredible.
    If you don’t know how an incredible looks like:

You can introduce breaks everytime you leave your station. I would recommend waiting one minute.
    A break prevents a huge score drop.

-> Continue keeping your Incredible, breaking some combos, leaving, waiting and re-entering. Earlier or later you’ll be Ultimate.

Once you booch your combo – just leave. Your rank won’t fall down. If you completely messed up your work ( Booched score indicator) just hit the League Point and start a new session. Make sure you get a high incredible and hold it for a long time before you start hyperranking again.

>> Hyperranking at Novice/Able is slightly different

The key here isn’t efficience – it’s speed.

Make sure you are doing short sessions until Renowned. The whole step from Able to master shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes. After reaching Renowned you should start playing “normal” again.

-But still keep in mind: Speed matters.

Just break some combos and leave (provided you got an Incredible). Once you got a consistent Incredible you should follow this rule until you reach Ultimate:

If Incredible: Fullclear one Board - Leave - Wait - Reenter
    // Fullclear at Sailing - some combos at other puzzles (Some Bingo's + 3x3's at Bilge and so on); keep in mind that you should do short sessions

If not Incredible: Get Incredible and hold it for a period of time / ( You fail, you get nothing!)

>>Make sure your sessions are short, even at the higher ranks. The longer you need the higher your experience will get [and that’s bad]. Don’t overdo when you are bad at building combos – a fast Vegas is better than a slow Vegas^3. Booching one combo can be deadly due to the fact that getting up your score costs too much time.
    Feel free to skip breaks. It’s just a waste of time when you are skilled and able to keep the Incredible even with the occurring score drops.

Good luck on achieving Neophyte/Ultimate

A video of hyperranking:

Coming soon.
    Last edited by Mehfailz x3; 11-18-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Champ, Rage, Testypp and 2 others like this.

Captain Medals

Video is coming soon.

It's similar to her0's guide because there aren't any more informations to say. ( I didn't copy his one!).

Feel free to ask if you got questions.

Banned

Thief :3 kidding, looks good, just gotta fix the H. I'll prolly steal your video if I don't end up making one when I make the hyper ranking IO guide and video.

Captain Medals

Thief :3 kidding, looks good, just gotta fix the H. I'll prolly steal your video if I don't end up making one when I make the hyper ranking IO guide and video.
    Hyperranking at Novice/Able > IO

wehre is the video!!!

Ex-Staff Member

Nice guide man. Everything is clean and professional, except your banner. You should work on that

Captain Medals

wehre is the video!!!
    It will come sooner or later

Nice guide man. Everything is clean and professional, except your banner. You should work on that
    Thanks and yup , I'll work on that :3

Sweet

I tried testing this works great

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mehfailz x3 View Post

Thanks and yup , I'll work on that :3
    Looks much better

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast