Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Her0's Survival Guide to Hyper-Ranking

Banned

Her0's Survival Guide to Hyper-Ranking

Of course, this may not be the best strategy to hyper ranking, but through multiple finds and tests, I find this way, to be the best way, its simple, easy, and effective.

Requirments: A brain, an officer (or higher) badge, and a deed to a ship (or access to an unlocked ship within the crew)

Step 1: Charting and configuring your course

The key to hyper-ranking consists of 3 things,
    • Never going past the league point
    • Keeping a constant incredible and/or sparkly skill evaluator
    • Leaving the station at the appropriate time and waiting an approximate time, so the sessions add up[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

My favorite place to hyper rank is Isle of Kent. (Sorry for anyone who doesn't play on Emerald -.-) I like to chart to Bryher Island because its nice and straight, and leads to nothing important if you want to just AFK and let the vessel port and use it at later use, apposed to charting to Aumauri Island, and going to use your ship the next day, and have it being blockaded.

After you charted your course, go back to the helm, and click "Configure Voyage". Keep looking until you find "Swabbie Ship Transport" and go ahead and hit ok at the bottom. The ship has now been configured to a swabbie ship transport. To do so, you can't have any cargo in the hold, so make sure you sell everything in it first. We set the voyage to a swabbie ship transport because this makes it so other ships can't and won't attack us, this is a need, as we obviously can't be entering combat, or reset our incredibles. Please remember that swabbies (short for swashbucklers, I believe) will not move the ship without being payed. Throw about 2,000 PoE in the Ship Hold (Not the coffers), kick the swabbies (Manually by clicking on them), and we are off!

Step 2: Mainting your incredible, sparkly skill evaluator, and speed
    The key to hyper-ranking consists of 3 things,
    • Never going past the league point
    • Keeping a constant incredible and/or sparkly skill evaluator
    • Leaving the station at the appropriate time and waiting an approximate time, so the sessions add up
    Being said, this step is simple. If you are going to hyper rank, you have to first make sure your skill in the piticular puzzle is "hyper quality". You must be able to hold an incredible and/or sparkly skill evaluator.

Once you have that, wait until about 2-4 stars are filled on the left. Once you filled the stars, abandon the station. Here, we will be waiting exactly 1 minute. I suggest using an online stopwatch. After the minute is up, take the station again, you should still have your sparkly skill evaluator. Fill 2-4 stars on the left and abandon the station. Repeat this until you have the prefered skill standing. Each time you abandon the station and wait a minute or so, it counts as a session. This obviously adds up to...alot of sessions.

Step 3: IMPORTANT things to keep in mind

• Do not ever go passed the first league point. If you do, it will reset what you have worked for. Always turn about, I also suggest turning about until your speed is completely dead. Also make sure there is only 1-2 swabbies on sailing. Make sure you are back on the station within a minute to a minute and thirty seconds-ish.
    • Keep your sparkly indicator, if it ever goes down, even to golden indicator, it will ruin your progress.
    • Make sure your ships hold holds nothing, otherwise, you cant swabbie.
    • Spoiler: WHEN SAILING
      If your experience in sailing is broad or higher, stay on the sails for quite some time, until you have a rather large incredible, about 2 boards or so. When you are novice/able, try to clear boards using triples only, and then leaving immediatley as soon as it hits good. Re-enter and break another triple/Bingo, and leave again. By this time you should be respected. Clear 2 boards with bingo's and leave until your master. Keep in mind that speed is more important than efficience. After your around master or renonwed standing, you can start playing normally. Dont aim for higher combos when you aren't fast enough at setting them up, try not to aim for too large combo's, the main-ley is to hold an incredible, not get the highest score possible. Speed > Efficience

Remember: Able to Master, your just breaking your combo and leaving, and re-entering immediately. Your score will drop, but if you are anything good, then it should still be at incredible and not too big of deal.

Written by Mehfailz x3 and edited by Her0 for Her0's Survival Guide to Hyper-Ranking. All credit to Mehfailz x3

• There are two ways to this, they Lazy Method, and the Secure Method, and I'd recommend using the Secure Method, when they aren't using bots. Waiting the one minute is generally to let your score drop, so that you may work it back up. Leaving the station is what actually gives you the session.

Thank you, I hope this guide helps. If you think I should improve in any way, please post and say so. Farewell
    Last edited by Her0; 04-21-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    Champ likes this.

Ex-Staff Member

Nice guide. The pictures make it awesome.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Nice guide. The pictures make it awesome.
    Thanks man, it took a long time to get those acutally, hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by djdrew View Post
    Sweet guide! thanks
    No problem, glad you like it.

Like I said, not the best method to hyper ranking, but its def. effective, and works.

Looks awesome can't wait to try it out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sparkster007 View Post
    Looks awesome can't wait to try it out
    Thanks man, tell me how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Her0 View Post
    Requirments: A brain
    ahh damm

Administrator

Nice guide, although I prefer IO hyper ranking then swabby hyper ranking, it's much faster
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carling View Post
    ahh damm
    Sowwy <3
    :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sobo View Post
    Nice guide, although I prefer IO hyper ranking then swabby hyper ranking, it's much faster
    Thanks. IO hyper ranking is basically the same thing except you by an IO map and stay in safe, right? I might add that as a possible thing to do within the guide, Credit to Sobo for the idea ;D

Administrator

Pretty much, but you don't have to wait a minute before going back in.
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast