Thread: Quick question

SF Pleb

Quick question

I am about to be buying a sf bot, the coder claims it will be done using Chromosomes just wondering how viable it is. Says there will be 2 guys playing 50 games a day for 4 weeks. Just wondering how reasonable of a statement it is?

Jack

Very unlikely and probably a scam.

SF Pleb

I thought as such :/ really desperate for a pvp sf bot none around what so ever

Ex-Staff Member

PvP's just so much harder to code for that it's almost not even worth it.

DiS does a pretty good job of PvPing. I can beat most people that are GM, but much higher and the win rate goes down.

Use dreaming in sprinkles dude! IT's not worth risking getting scammed off some idiot.

my advice for any bot that you buy is that you buy it off the verified trusted seller; by which I mean the bots that are advertised on bot supply's bot page.
    they're all useful and reliable. Been botting for a while now, still not been banned.

Dreaming in sprinkles is a wonderful bot from my experience it gets GM easily and stays there like kill said. Past GM its horrible and if you want higher than that my advice is learn to sf rather than risk losing real money for something that is highly unlikely to work well

Unless he can specifically outline to you how the chromosomes are set out, and specifies mutation and recombination rates and operators, the chances are that it's a scam. Furthermore, genetic algorithms take less time to converge and have a better avoidance of local minimums (when aiming for global minimums) than other algorithms. However, they may not always be optimal for a solution unless the coder has an excellent encoding system, as the success of a Genetic Algorithm (will refer to as GA from now on) usually depends on the coder, not the algorithm. Furthermore, I would expect a GA to take over 1000 generations (which is much more than 1000 games, as you have to do a game for each chromosome then have them reproduce then do a game for each new chromosome etc etc etc) for a good solution to SF, though I may be wrong since I haven't tried it myself. To be honest, half of a GA is the coder, so if they managed to do something clever I suppose they could do it, but I don't know. My verdict is possible but unlikely.