Bot mouse speed goes to shit on a VM?

Aeythyr is taking 5-10 seconds to make a single clear when used on a VM. Is the amount of allocated memory (512 mb) somehow affecting the speed?
    It's lucky to get fines like this..
    Edit: WFT and spools of silk do the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Does this have something to do with the bots running faster with chrome open thing? I didn't want to waste room on the VM, so i didn't install chrome or FF.
    Last edited by burnburn; 05-03-2014 at 07:02 AM.

VIP Member

I usually give mine anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 Gigs of Ram. Depending on the OS I will be using. Seems to run smooth. Also having a good Processor helps a lot.

RAM doesn't really affect bot performance but I'd give them 1GB to allow Windows to run smoothly. For better bot performance try assigning your VM more cores on the processor.

What OS are you running on the VM? And what are your system specs?

Screenshot by Lightshot

How do i assign cores to it?

Quote Originally Posted by burnburn View Post
    Screenshot by Lightshot

How do i assign cores to it?
    Go to the VM settings and it'll be on there. I don't know if you use VirtualBox or VMWare so I can't tell you exactly how. Change the processors to 2 and the RAM to 1GB. That's what I use and it's a good balance.
    I hope you're running the VM's with Windows XP. Shouldn't take that long to calculate moves but it will be slower than running it on a normal PC.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Papaoutai View Post
    Go to the VM settings and it'll be on there. I don't know if you use VirtualBox or VMWare so I can't tell you exactly how. Change the processors to 2 and the RAM to 1GB. That's what I use and it's a good balance.
    I hope you're running the VM's with Windows XP. Shouldn't take that long to calculate moves but it will be slower than running it on a normal PC.
    Win7 Superlite or bust
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Ex-Staff Member

I use Win7 Lite with 512 RAM all the time, never have delays and that's playing around with all the bots.