Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chance?

chance?

What are the chances of me teaching myself how to create a bot through videos and information on the internet? Or would it be impossible

It's possible. It all depends on how much you're willing to learn
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

i am willing to learn whatever it takes.. Although it might get tedious just constantly searching for information. I

'd love for a coder to help me in any way they are willing

Do you have any coding experience? If not I don't think a bot if the first thing to jump right into. But you will be able to learn how, yes.
    new life, who this

No I haven't ever coded before. What should i do before creating a bot then?

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Notwhoyouthink View Post
    No I haven't ever coded before. What should i do before creating a bot then?
    Just learn how to code in general. It's better to learn to code in general than just focusing on bots, it'll be a lot easier that way.

how long would it take to learn

#Return

Took me a year of learning C# from thenewboston tutorials + hanging around coders at Bot-Supply (a lot) before I could make a bilge bot. Depends how fast you pick up the logic; I couldn't pick up the algorithm logic at all whereas in other areas such as detection I could do it very easily.

I was learning just to code in general though, I taught myself things that are useless when coding a bot. I do urge not to learn to code purely to code a bot, learn because you want to learn to code anything and everything. Focusing only on a bot will make you extremely frustrated and you won't understand how to do stuff unless you have a broad knowledge of code

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Took me a year of learning C# from thenewboston tutorials + hanging around coders at Bot-Supply (a lot) before I could make a bilge bot. Depends how fast you pick up the logic; I couldn't pick up the algorithm logic at all whereas in other areas such as detection I could do it very easily.

I was learning just to code in general though, I taught myself things that are useless when coding a bot. I do urge not to learn to code purely to code a bot, learn because you want to learn to code anything and everything. Focusing only on a bot will make you extremely frustrated and you won't understand how to do stuff unless you have a broad knowledge of code
    I second everything Scare said. I have been coding on and off for a year and a half, and there's still parts of algorithms that baffle me. I have a good understanding of coding in general though.
    new life, who this

I third what Scarecrow said, but to be able to really get the most out of your bot (Threading, proper OOP, memory management, etc.) you'll want to know your chosen language inside and out which can take years. I'm still learning all kinds of new things about Java/C++.

Really though if you know nothing now and did nothing but watch tutorials and make programs via trial and error you could make a working bot in a few months. Most people will crap out before making anything though, since what they find attractive is the end product they envision. To actually finish you need to want that end result and love coding, otherwise you'd be better off paying someone to make one for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast