Thread: Sailing Bots?

Sailing Bots?

I've not seen a single sailing bot on here or bot selling sites. I have to ask, why not? Sailing is one of the most common puzzles so why are there no bots for it? Someone gave me a lame excuse saying if there were sailing bots it would be game breaking. Well surely you've already broke the game by developing others bots; what's the big deal about a sailing bot?

Server Admin

It's difficult to write a puzzle solving algorithm for it.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by tizen View Post
    I've not seen a single sailing bot on here or bot selling sites. I have to ask, why not? Sailing is one of the most common puzzles so why are there no bots for it? Someone gave me a lame excuse saying if there were sailing bots it would be game breaking. Well surely you've already broke the game by developing others bots; what's the big deal about a sailing bot?
    Like Sticky said, some puzzles are really easy to make an algorithm for, while others are not. Why do you see so many bilge bots? It's probably the simplest algorithm to make, along with the easiest to test. Brute-force bots are easy and a very simple algorithm to make, whereas things like sailing which has more elements (than compared to bilge where you're just swapping two pieces) would have a more complex algorithm.

Just because we make a bot doesn't make it game-breaking; take Argos (shipwright) for example, we made a bot for it and it barely hit grand-master. It's all about how well the algorithm is coded. Lets face it, some coders are better than others and that's why some bots are considered "overpowered" and "gamebreaking" and others aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Like Sticky said, some puzzles are really easy to make an algorithm for, while others are not. Why do you see so many bilge bots? It's probably the simplest algorithm to make, along with the easiest to test. Brute-force bots are easy and a very simple algorithm to make, whereas things like sailing which has more elements (than compared to bilge where you're just swapping two pieces) would have a more complex algorithm.

Just because we make a bot doesn't make it game-breaking; take Argos (shipwright) for example, we made a bot for it and it barely hit grand-master. It's all about how well the algorithm is coded. Lets face it, some coders are better than others and that's why some bots are considered "overpowered" and "gamebreaking" and others aren't.
    Has anyone attempted a sailing bot? I would pay hundreds of dollars for one.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by tizen View Post
    Has anyone attempted a sailing bot? I would pay hundreds of dollars for one.
    I think Notion did detection for one, as for an algorithm - Not to my knowledge.